Sign in to follow this  
Mynerva

Stormy Isles 1x server

Well, we have been here for a little over a year so I feel like it is time to introduce ourselves. :) We are just a small group of friends that wanted a relaxed place to play Wurm. We are owned and ran by a group of four gm's; Kittyflower, Mynerva, Sandstorm and Foxfire (player names). We like to receive input from anyone in our community about mods and ideas for the server and we take each suggestion into serious consideration. We don't guarantee that we will do everything requested, however we do guarantee that we will discuss it and come to a consensus between the 4 gm's. We do not have a large community, however we do have a helpful and friendly community. We are still building infrastructure for the server and we would welcome anyone that would like to visit us. We have a website with a few rules and a list of our mods at stormyisles.com. Feel free to check us out. 

• Like 1

Just had a look at the details, nice server. Best of luck 

• Like 1

Interesting setup you have there, unfort i dont use discord and cant complete the sign up for that web site you have there. So i will do without it, wanna try something else out and find a new home for this elf on your realm.

On 11/5/2020 at 7:02 PM, Wildelf said:

Interesting setup you have there, unfort i dont use discord and cant complete the sign up for that web site you have there. So i will do without it, wanna try something else out and find a new home for this elf on your realm.

No worries at all on the discord, Wildelf. I will get you that code for the forums though. We had to do it because of spammers unfortunately. Glad to have you and sure hope you enjoy the server. 

We are still enjoying the formation of our world as time goes on. We do welcome all newcomers. Please stop by and have a look around. 

The server is still around and truckin'. Joined recently myself and it's where I hitch my wagon these days.

Consider making yourself at home in the public deed ("Trinity Refuge"). A growing sense of community with actual neighbors has been a nice change of pace, if I say so myself.

Roads, tunnels, and guard towers are being planned, so public projects are open for people into that kind of thing. For a bit of RP, I intend to (someday) build a museum/town hall for keeping artifacts and records, officially naming roads, regions, and landmarks while occasionally funding the daring surveyor to collect notes on lands far and wide.

And if you just want to brave the wilderness and stake out a deed, in typical Wurmian fashion, we're plenty glad to have you too. Feel free to say "Hi" in alliance chat!

- Lucassen

After a lot of going in and out of many servers, even Stormy Isles in the past, even without the mods I would like, even having restriction for priests, even with an bad relief especially close to the starting city. I ended up going back to Stormy Isles and giving it another chance, putting in more effort and really enjoying the server. Currently I only see myself leaving the server if it has serious server problems or is be discontinued, because overall it is a great server. It is worth checking.

• Like 1

Mynerva, hey there. Sorry i couldnt stick around on that server, its been lagging alot and almost unplayable as well. I remember reading some details while hosting a server on Unlimited, the larger the map and so many mobs and slow down everything and of course you gonna need a very good pc, the players better have broadband network. Not sure if you are hosting this from your pc or it is from pingperfect, etc. Try lower the hostile mobs setting by 50% and see what it does.

I have seen so many nasty mobs all over the place, easy to spot them on the sandy beaches. I believe that is your problems right there.