Sign in to follow this  
Ntxtreme

Phantom Rocks

I am running a hosted server with several mods including better digging, one tile mining, and wyvern mods. i am having weird results while surface mining where rock shards drop that are not able to be picked up or destroyed by a GM. It also leaves rock shards in a long string instead of a pile. There is an error that they dont exist. Could this be a clash between mods?  Please let me know if anyone has had this issue and how to fix it.

3 hours ago, Ntxtreme said:

I am running a hosted server with several mods including better digging, one tile mining, and wyvern mods. i am having weird results while surface mining where rock shards drop that are not able to be picked up or destroyed by a GM. It also leaves rock shards in a long string instead of a pile. There is an error that they dont exist. Could this be a clash between mods?  Please let me know if anyone has had this issue and how to fix it.

I wonder if it's GM mining that's causing this?  When a GM mines with an ebony wand, it leaves a line of single rock shards.  Sometimes if you summon them, they can no longer be picked up.  Or if the GM picks up a bunch of them rapid-fire in a row, some are actually gone but still appear to be there.

Either way, the GM can always pick up anything on a tile by using the GM TOOL to find out everything actually on that tile, then using #loadItem <itemID>  to pick them up.  This is also a great trick for getting those corpses that can't be picked up any other way. If the GM TOOL says it's not there, then moving out of local and then back in sometimes makes it disappear.  If not, a reboot works to get rid of rock shards that aren't really there.

I hope something in this is helpful!

nah it's better digging or 1 of those mods, seen it on a couple of servers. issue in their coding of the mod.

You can drop a few rocks on the tile and it will sometimes let you then pick em all up in a pile.

Otherwise the ones that are actually bugged will disappear on server reboot.

Ya Ive noticed that they disappear. Kind of a hastle is all. Thanks for the info.