Sign in to follow this  
Nelsy

Transfer from epic to freedom with fair skills convertation

I know that will be not fair to transfer character from epic to freedom because of skill curve, and on Epic it easer to lvl up, but we can convert our skills to lower equivalent by same curve, so we can convert for ex. 80 mining skill from Epic to Freedom make it lower for fair amount. So we can make transfer between servers more usable, and people dont afraid migrate betwenn these clusters. It option can be for silver only, for example for 10 silver, but it should be. I realy disappointed when i knew that i played long time on Epic and pay money for that, and i not able to transfer to Freendom without complete wipe. For example i want to transfer to my friends which start play recently and they dont want play on epic now, but i dont want to transfer and start from complete beginging. Why i cant do this if we can make it by fair way? Why i cant transfer from Epic for playing with friends now, and make them interested in game, and may make them to be transfered back to Epic with me in future without lose my skills and real time completely? here is no logic, that realy sadly, huge sadnass about that... When i knew that i can't teleport by fair way, i completele lost interest to play on Epic, because playing there i totally loosing time in case Epic servers complete dead and no players online. 

Sorry for wrong english, but i hope you got me! Please comment if you think that this option should be or if you got enother ideas. Will be great to have fair transfer between casters when Wurm get released on Steam. By fair transfer i mean transfer when i do not lose all my time spent in this game, and in same time other players on Freedom dont feel that i got my skills unfair.

Edited by Nelsy

Atleast to be fair, we should transfer skills which are not affected by the curve on the Epic servers, but i do not see any reason to not transfer other skills. We can count time/attempts which nedded to lvl up skill for example to 80, im sure we able calculate it for 100%, and same time we can calculate it for the curve, which increase effectiveness of the skill and as result it require less of total attempts to get proc of skill gain. So we can build a sheet of skill lvling by attepmts/time required to lvl it up in both cases, with curve and without, and converts from Epic to Freedom skills by attempts/time requaired to lvl it. Maybe if you more genious you can write a math formula to convert it. But there is nothing unreal, and no any reson to not do this. I ready to pay silver for each fair transfer if you care about lose you premium income, but you should knew that, that unfairness stop me from playing it and as result make you lose income aswell... And there is no any reason to make me stop pay for premium if you keep give reward which you can ged for "Marks" from premium when i playing on freedom. I believe alot of people do not transfer from freedom to epic because they feel this unfair loses if they decide to go back. So playing on Epic you get less opportunity i feel losing my time here, because im not sure how long i want play on Epic alone, and same time i do not want being build my character from the scratch on servers where people pleying for years... If you do this transfer more fair, so still make sense to start game on epic for more comfortable, but when you leveled up your FS to 75, or lockpicking tp 50 on Epic this not much harder then do the same on the Freedom, so why i cant save this? For the most part the curve make us able to get better things with lower skills, but if we can't transfer all any things to the Freedom, why its matter to not let us transfer at least our skills, at least for example with convertation which i presented? Waaaah, i feeel so bad, don't like this!

Edited by Nelsy

Since transfers were introduced, I have never stepped into freedom (also before transfers, btw.).

After all this time, my skills on Epic are much higher, then since the day of transfers.

I do not want to go to freedom, and even if I would, it would be pointless for me, couse of huge difference between the skills.

But I can imagine that there would be some people that would like to, and they have to choose:

- cross to freedom and be gimped beyond any reason

- stay on Epic wich is very empty right now

- do not play at all

Skill transfers were great for people who wanted to move from Epic to freedom.

But also skill transfers were horrible for Epic, couse people were forced to choose freedom, to keep similar level of skills on both clusters, knowing that if they stay on Epic, their freedom skills will stuck.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

But also skill transfers were horrible for Epic

I don't understand why it horrible for Epic, if people can transfer to Epic without scare of losing skills in case they decide to get back. May be it will unfair for some one who feel forced to play on Freedom before, only for reason to sustain skills on both casters in same time. But it small unfair in huuge unfairness with players which want to go on Freedom. As you told im too don't want to loose skills, and in same time even without loose, my most of current skills which i have on Epic will feel different on Freedom, but that fair price to transfer. And i think if we really count difference by time required to leveling and will convert skills by this way, there will be no much difference, except we loose "Effective skill" bonus. Probably, im not sure, if i have longsword skill 77 and effective 94 my base of the skill levels harder because we actions like on 94 lvl, like with shovel, when harder to perform an action then better you get skill gain.

45 minutes ago, Nelsy said:

I don't understand why it horrible for Epic

1 hour ago, Wilczan said:

couse people were forced to choose freedom, to keep similar level of skills on both clusters, knowing that if they stay on Epic, their freedom skills will stuck.

3 hours ago, Nelsy said:

here is no logic, that realy sadly, huge sadnass about that... When i knew that i can't teleport by fair way, i completele lost interest to play on Epic

This has always been the reason that I chose to not play on epic other than to help a friend with a favor then leave immediately. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

there was misunderstanding, from now i suppose you meant it horrible without fair transfer. I thought at first time it will be horrible for Epic to get fair transfer that why i didn't understand. If i suppose right, then i totaly agree with you! xD

Edited by Nelsy
  • Like 1

Guys, thank you all for the response, it's great to know that i'm not alone at thinking of it!

On 6/5/2020 at 6:34 PM, Nelsy said:

I don't understand why it horrible for Epic, if people can transfer to Epic without scare of losing skills in case they decide to get back. May be it will unfair for some one who feel forced to play on Freedom before, only for reason to sustain skills on both casters in same time. But it small unfair in huuge unfairness with players which want to go on Freedom. As you told im too don't want to loose skills, and in same time even without loose, my most of current skills which i have on Epic will feel different on Freedom, but that fair price to transfer. And i think if we really count difference by time required to leveling and will convert skills by this way, there will be no much difference, except we loose "Effective skill" bonus. Probably, im not sure, if i have longsword skill 77 and effective 94 my base of the skill levels harder because we actions like on 94 lvl, like with shovel, when harder to perform an action then better you get skill gain.

There was a skill transfer a while ago and you could move to Freedom with most of your skills slightly lower than on epic. But you had 3x increase timer until you reached the level you had on epic (I still have the 3x bonus for some of the skills). This was a one-time transfer, and I don't think it's available anymore. It was before a patch which made epic easier.

However from freedom to epic skills always carry from what I know. So if you have higher blacksmithing on Freedom you will have that actual level on epic. This basically incentivises skilling up on Freedom and not on epic. Basically for players like me, who have moved to Freedom, skilling up on epic is pointless as we don't carry it across to Freedom.

If you ask me they should make a sort of permanent skill transfer both ways. And overall for the freedom skills, leveling on epic and using a skill transfer should be a bit faster. Or it should at least give that 3x bonus or some other bonus.

This was a much heated discussion years ago when it was implemented and I recall a lot of players wanting skillgain from Epic to transfer to freedom, at a reduced lower rate to compensate for the increased epic skillgain.

As the meme says, it ain't much but it's honest work. At least you get something. Currently any skillpoint gained on Epic does not transfer to Freedom. This basically punishes Epic players who have invested years in their deeds and want to play Epic. Epic has had an unhealthy player pop for years, barely anything going on there these days other than uniques bashing the few deeds left.

At this point personally I think Epic should just merge with Freedom or Chaos and consolidate the player base. The market is flooded with items anyway so anything Epic brings to the table won't be much impact due to lack of customers. If Epic was an game experiment, it was a much neglected one. I know Rolf really cared about it but right now the focus seems 99% on the PvE side of the game.  If this is how pvp servers will be treated on Steam, I don't see much hope for PvP servers at all.

The skillgain just influences players to treat Epic as a Journal destination with no regards for the few loyal players still around.

Truth is, no one has good soluton for Epic, neither devs or players.

Epic is in viciuos circle state. Players do not want to play here, couse there are no players.

Time to install Skyrim with 600 mods from Sinitar Gaming guide.

Then Fallout New Vegas.

Then Witcher 3.

Then Divinity Original Sin 2

Then small check, if Epic still exist.

Then maybe new TES gonna be released ; )

Or Baldur's Gate 3.

Life is good.

Edited by Wilczan

Don't forget Kingdom Come Deliverance.

But that's an issue in itself, if we just accept "no one has a good solution for Epic" then what are the dev's responsibility in this? We just leave it as is and pretend it doesn't exist because the 20-30 players there don't really matter in the long run?

Edited by elentari

As already stated, freedom to epic always transfer but not the other way around. That’s a big downside as it won’t encourage people to play there. It kills the population and pvp along with it, since most players will stay on freedom so the grind isn’t ”invane”. 

At this point why not just allow skill transfers both ways (if there is a fair skill calculation thingy), it’s not like the Epic cluster can get any worse... But maybe that’s the plan, choke it and eventually remove it.

I recently went back to Epic to have some fun, but any grinding will be done on freedom.

So 1+ to skill transfer.