Angelklaine

Guess the name of the 2 Steam servers

Recommended Posts

I thought the dev team's initial reasoning behind adding new islands was to attract new players and have the server named "Steam" to help with SEO (Search Engine Optimization.)

 

I don't know what the pvp server will be named. It won't be Wild. We already had a Wild server they re-named Chaos. And they have never reintroduced a formerly used server name.

 

But my vote is that they will call the new pve server "Steam." Is it cool and exciting? No. Is it what I would have named it? No. But if I had a guess based off what I read in Rolf's initial post discussing the new server - it seems that he would name it Steam so that he can try and pull in Steam Players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Atrayu said:

I thought the dev team's initial reasoning behind adding new islands was to attract new players and have the server named "Steam" to help with SEO (Search Engine Optimization.)

 

I don't know what the pvp server will be named. It won't be Wild. We already had a Wild server they re-named Chaos. And they have never reintroduced a formerly used server name.

 

But my vote is that they will call the new pve server "Steam." Is it cool and exciting? No. Is it what I would have named it? No. But if I had a guess based off what I read in Rolf's initial post discussing the new server - it seems that he would name it Steam so that he can try and pull in Steam Players.

They are currently asking for name suggestions so the name wont be 'Steam'. That's a given. What does SEO have to do with server names anyways? You can't search for the game by server name.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

They are currently asking for name suggestions so the name wont be 'Steam'. That's a given. What does SEO have to do with server names anyways? You can't search for the game by server name.

 

Thanks for the info. I thought I read some place, reviewing Rolf's initial talk of new servers. No worries though. I just found the post from Retro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Atrayu said:

I thought the dev team's initial reasoning behind adding new islands was to attract new players and have the server named "Steam" to help with SEO (Search Engine Optimization.) .... But if I had a guess based off what I read in Rolf's initial post discussing the new server - it seems that he would name it Steam so that he can try and pull in Steam Players.

 

 

Rolf likely meant people searching for "Steam Sandbox Open World Crafting Building Farming Multiplayer Games With Cows And Ships ... And Raiding" 

 

People put "STEAM" into their search for game genres now all the time. Server names have nothing to do with it.  If a game is not on Steam, it will never pop up on many people's searches.

 

 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was what I thought I read from his initial posting. Thanks Brash. I'm sorry if I didn't make my original post easier to understand. :)

 

I had a couple names I submitted: Mythic, Sunrise, and maybe a couple others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2020 at 10:59 AM, Atrayu said:

I thought the dev team's initial reasoning behind adding new islands was to attract new players and have the server named "Steam" to help with SEO (Search Engine Optimization.)

 

That would be a harder way to attract new players because the word "steam" when attributed to games is a competitive phrase on Google. Steam players looking for an MMO would probably search by tag within Steam (which is terribly flawed, sadly).

 

On 6/29/2020 at 5:54 PM, Brash_Endeavors said:

If a game is not on Steam, it will never pop up on many people's searches.

 

Google does not look for true statements, it looks for words and phrases. For example, you can search for asherons call steam and get 500,000+ result even though the game was cancelled and was never available on Steam. And now this page will be added to those results the next time the Google Bot crawls this page.

 

Edited by Whane
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

Maybe I missed it, but it is now 11 July GMT.  Have the server names been announced?

I haven't seen anything, but dates in Wurm are estimates. Just ballparks...

 

lul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well so much for the 10th being name day lol....30mins EST USA time til the 11th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows        ofOpportunity

 

Undecided which would be pvp or pve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In light of the situation, I have a couple more suggestions.  Apologies if these have already been made.

 

PvP  -  Vengence

 

PvE  -  ServerMcSurFace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

In light of the situation, I have a couple more suggestions.  Apologies if these have already been made.

 

PvP  -  Vengence

 

PvE  -  ServerMcSurFace

 

Why not ServerMcSurFaceVengence?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FightyMcStabStab and carebearsville.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i like Liberation as a name, not sure who tossed that one in but i like it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now