Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Guess the name of the 2 Steam servers

There was a plan to name them after our 2 longest-serving server hamsters, Gerald and Mad Billy 3, but unfortunately, the surprise was too much for Gerald and he had to retire unexpectedly.  We apologise to all players on Celebration.

• Like 6

Jeckyl (PvE) / Hyde (PvP)

Something people haven't asked about (that I've seen): Will there be a starter village design competition like with the rest of the starter villages or did that go away with Haven's Landing?

Edited by zethreal
  • Like 1

I would go for more classic names, maybe obvious or rather interesting

PVE - Andromeda

PVP - Sirius

Do I gonna win anything if I get them correct?? Well, will see !! hahaha

11 hours ago, zethreal said:

Jeckyl (PvE) / Hyde (PvP)

Something people haven't asked about (that I've seen): Will there be a starter village design competition like with the rest of the starter villages or did that go away with Haven's Landing?

My GUESS would be, that design competitions work best for existing servers, but due to the "exciting surprise" of a new unmapped server they will instead do something Haven-esque.  I don't think they want anyone to otherwise see the server beyond maybe some teaser photos from Retro.

I am thinking they will have one for the assist it gives brand new players in "learning the ropes" ... and also because the new tutorial system kind of requires one. It was a long wait for an updated tutorial and it would be a shame to skip it entirely for the new Steam server!

All a random guess though. Maybe @Retrograde can let us know of any plans (it's not really a 'spoiler').

21 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

My GUESS would be, that design competitions work best for existing servers, but due to the "exciting surprise" of a new unmapped server they will instead do something Haven-esque.  I don't think they want anyone to otherwise see the server beyond maybe some teaser photos from Retro.

I am thinking they will have one for the assist it gives brand new players in "learning the ropes" ... and also because the new tutorial system kind of requires one. It was a long wait for an updated tutorial and it would be a shame to skip it entirely for the new Steam server!

All a random guess though. Maybe @Retrograde can let us know of any plans (it's not really a 'spoiler').

I think a nice starter village would make a huge difference.  Haven is pretty good, but the the tutorial areas are a bit oversized for the population (at least, when I started) and some of the buildings are of unclear purpose/availability.  From memory, there were player deeds within the village, too, and a lot of stuff was impossible to interact with due to permissions.  I reckon a basic linear layout for the first stuff, read about A, do A in area A, move to B and read about that etc.  Then the actual village with an inn and basic facilities for cooking, crafting etc.

I always thought a "non return" starter village would be interesting - on a mountain top, exit into a tunnel with a long drop shaft and off into the main game.  🙂   

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 10:57 PM, TheTrickster said:

I always thought a "non return" starter village would be interesting - on a mountain top, exit into a tunnel with a long drop shaft and off into the main game.  🙂   

Ha!

famous-characters-troll-face-challenge-a

This is Wurm bud. There is no drop shaft deep enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

This is Wurm bud. There is no drop shaft deep enough.

Sure about that? We are making a tunnel and it looks like this when you look inside one of them..

3pX8TY0.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nordlys said:

Sure about that? We are making a tunnel and it looks like this when you look inside one of them..

3pX8TY0.jpg

These are all 3000+ slope. I can't even get a floor to target to strongwall...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

These are all 3000+ slope. I can't even get a floor to target to strongwall...

I had similar ones I've had to climb on Chaos, and I had about 4 like those Arakiel made me climb so we could collapse to make our tunnel. (More like 2k but you get the point.). Tons of sandwiches, gems and sheer bleeping will...

Home (PVE) & Wild (PVP) like the good ole days!

Hopefully they're not ran in someone's basement this time.   🙆‍♂️

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4
  • Cat 1

21 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Home (PVE) & Wild (PVP) like the good ole days!

Hopefully they're not ran in someone's basement this time.   🙆‍♂️

They bought professional hamsters this time around!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

They bought professional hamsters this time around!

Gerbils,  doped gerbils.

Guessing one will be called "Madnath" and the other will be called "Not Madnath"

• Cat 1

Ascension and Depravity

May your gerbil run ever faster.

Resurrection (pvp) and Concordia (Pve).

Makes for an inside joke there if pvp ever dies or when people on pve have little dramas about who picked whose grape yards without permission.

Other than that SteamyMcsteamface?

Edited by elentari
  • Like 1

I appreciate Jekyll and Hyde. What about Kain and Abel, or Loki and Baldur? 😎

I can see Loki being the PvP server. My cat's also named Loki and it's probably the best name the little bastard deserves. Breaks something every week.

• Like 1

Wurmonlinethesandboxadventuregamewithover150usefulskillssuchas

On 6/19/2020 at 7:32 PM, elentari said:

I can see Loki being the PvP server. My cat's also named Loki and it's probably the best name the little bastard deserves. Breaks something every week.

20 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I like Loki for PVP :)

Maybe Frodo for PVE?

NOOOOooo!   I am really, REALLY hoping to get my preferred name back in play, and this would stand a good chance of sinking that.  

Jacob and Esau would fit the contrast, but modern games tend to avoid such references.

Enterprise and Struggle.

Achievement and Victory.

Jericho (PVP: "And The Walls Came Tumbling Down")  and Renaisse  (PVE: French for 'Reborn' and sounds like renaissance) 

Another PVE option -- FRED, the Swedish word for Peace. Because it would be funny as hell to have a server named FRED.

In which case maybe Ilska (Swedish: Anger) for PvP. "War" in Swedish apparently is Krig in case you want War And Peace plus Swedish references...

But c'mon, nothing beats a server named Fred.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 12:15 AM, Brash_Endeavors said:

But c'mon, nothing beats a server named Fred.

Historical, too.  FRED was an acronym used for business computers way back when.  Stood for "F***n Ridiculous Electronic Device".

My first home network was called "Igor", mostly because it was based downstairs and was expected to silently do my bidding.

Now I wish I had suggested "Shirley" in the competition.

• Like 1