Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Guess the name of the 2 Steam servers

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

You literally named your WU servers after yourself. 

Does this mean we have Rolfland and Retropolous?

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Yeah indeed, so it would be great to have my name on the steam servers too.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

and is hands down one of the most popular and loved WU server... so +1 for letting Sklo name the new servers xD 

• Like 1

In my opinion, the servers should pay some homage to the homeland of Rolf and Notch as thanks to them for creating such a wonderful gaming experience.

Frihet  for the PVE server- literally Freedom in some Scandinavian languages and pays some homage to the original Wurm servers that we all love!

Advertising slant: If you want the freedom to experience Wurm and live in an almost civilised land choose Frihet.

Valhalla for the PVP server- the place In Norse mythology, Valhalla is a majestic, enormous hall located in Asgard, ruled over by the god Odin. Chosen by Odin, half of those who die in combat travel to Valhalla.

Advertising slant: Who wishes to live on this server to create, defend and ultimately expand a kingdom across the land?  Will you become the leader of a successful kingdom or ultimately die a brave death in the hope of being elevated to Valhalla?

• Like 4
  • Cat 1

For Humor   Pvp  Name  Money in.. Pve  need more money!!

Pimp                     Gimp

Oracle                   Enki

Bank                       Broke

Sell                          Out

Salty                        Saline

Rage                       Peace

I dont know Ill think of more appropriate ones later :)

my guess is gonna be Liberation or Elusion for the PvE server and Impulse or Turmoil for the PvP server

Well speaking from experience, *cough Xanadu cough*, hahaha, I predict they will be called "Port Onody", and Zed Zed Nine Plural Zed Alpha". My other two longest running deeds. Yes, yes, I'm kidding.

I like Spolmits idea of honouring Rolf and Notch. So my real two guesses would be...

Rolfing - verb - treat (a person) using Rolfing, a proprietary term for a massage technique aimed at the release and realignment of the body.

Notched - adjective - Notched - marked with a notch or notches.

Can prolly do better or simpler, or..  Scandinavianize (sp?) the names.

Rolfström and Notchberg

Edit: ström =  stream  -  berg = mountain     -  at least this is my understanding of the meanings, sorry if incorrect

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

They are dumb names, we don't let nicrolis name things

Im only allowed to name rats...

4 hours ago, Nicrolis said:

Im only allowed to name rats...

I have a barrel of ginger beer with your name on it. 

No it does not mean you can have it.

Vendors and Ventures

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

23 hours ago, Jeston said:

As for your question about opening the servers at a later date to old wurm, the devs have stated its highly unlikely to ever happen and it would have to be super dead to do so. 

This is utter nonsense and fake news. The devs and team have stated that there are no plans whether or not connecting the new servers to the existing ones.

That is something very different from stating that there are plans (or decisions) for not connecting the new servers to the existing ones. The same thing as absence of evidence etc. ..

It is obvious that keeping the new servers seperate for quite a time is a sane and necessary measure to prevent them being steamrolled by the matured community of the existing clusters. But especially in case the new launch succeeds and a new community part is flourishing and maturing, there is no point why the members of the new community should be barred from visiting the old lands, participating in community events like impalongs and unique slayings, even resettling.

As to the names, I have no idea. Let us see.

46 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

This is utter nonsense and fake news. The devs and team have stated that there are no plans whether or not connecting the new servers to the existing ones.

You are wrong. Rolf already stated merging is the goal eventually.

9d45c0d9184a089c48fd20bc474feb39.png

0517e2643e8ee50f2cbe5344aa996400.png

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

You are wrong. Rolf already stated merging is the goal eventually. [..]

Thanks. That one escaped me. And what he writes makes sense and strengthens my argument.

• Like 2

Any update on release time frame for Steam Wurm ?

Names ..... Eden  = PVE            and     Purgatory   = PVP  . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damascus said:

Any update on release time frame for Steam Wurm ?

Names ..... Eden  = PVE            and     Purgatory   = PVP  .

Funny name ideas you folks all have :). As to the release date, let me speculate: Much depends on the Celebration move and its outcome. If all goes well, the new servers will be created on that hoster's platform.

My prediction on Steam release is August 2020, right before back to school. Bad idea given they will miss out on all those people out from school with nothing to do, but I honestly don't see them releasing it in the end of June update since they haven't announced anything yet, and it would be foolish to release it in the dark of night.

My guessing is:

PVE: Freedom

PVP: Wild

Throw your money at me now, or when you realize im correct - up to you. :) 

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Bob and Ernest  😇

Elysium and Tantalus maybe?

Edit: 

PVE - My Brother Darryl

PVP - My Other Brother Darryl  😛

Edited by TheTrickster

On 6/6/2020 at 4:02 AM, Angelklaine said:

You are wrong. Rolf already stated merging is the goal eventually.

9d45c0d9184a089c48fd20bc474feb39.png

0517e2643e8ee50f2cbe5344aa996400.png

I hadn't seen that red underlined quote before, which after reading it is really disheartening. Sounds like merging them is inevitable as opposed to the many mentions of "we'll see how it goes" or "possibly". I will have to do some reconsidering on the two 12 month premium characters and 100 silver I was planning on going into Steam with. This is really unfortunate, I was really looking forward to it.

3 hours ago, Satch said:

I hadn't seen that red underlined quote before, which after reading it is really disheartening. Sounds like merging them is inevitable as opposed to the many mentions of "we'll see how it goes" or "possibly". I will have to do some reconsidering on the two 12 month premium characters and 100 silver I was planning on going into Steam with. This is really unfortunate, I was really looking forward to it.

I am positive the merge wont happen until numbers on the servers are abysmal, at which point it would be a good thing to merge. Look at Epic at the moment and tell me a merge wouldn't be a good thing for them? I rather get merged than end up with two other guys logged in on the entire server.

Don't lose hope yet, its worth it.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1