Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Hardcore mode

Would there be possible to add a hardcore account to Wurm Online?

You create the account and choose hardcore mode - if you die, you get logged out and cant log back in.

Please? :) 

I doubt it, but if that kick in, they should put in a separate server for that and I doubt hardly anyone will mess with it. Something like this, should goto Darkfall or Motal Online, they got MO2 coming soon.

Hardcore, you should be able to login, just that cant play that character anymore and would have to remake it. That will eats up the user names or run out of names. There already a lot of weird names out there and some of them aren't even a name.

So this is a bad idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Would there be possible to add a hardcore account to Wurm Online?

You create the account and choose hardcore mode - if you die, you get logged out and cant log back in.

Please? :) 

No need to implement that, players can do that when they wish. :)

• Like 2

Why bother? It'd literally be nothing more than an "I never did PvP or AFKed outside of a locked house" indicator.

Edited by Delacroix

That's a whole different game to Wurm.

This would be a major fork, and realistically for it to be attractive, it would need to be much more difficult to die simply due to ill chance.  I have been lag-drowned twice and cliff-dived into ground probably half a dozen times due to lag  (I basically never ever use auto-run anymore).    Unexpected, uncrontrollable death events (usually bears) nearly drove me to quite in my first week or so.  If I had to restart from character creation each time, I definitely would have quit.  

From Wurmpedia:  

Unless you plan to spend all of your time hiding on a deed, death is inevitable in Wurm.

While death is inevitable, a hardcore mode would be unattractive.  Make it evitable, and hardcore becomes an actual challenge.

Wouldn't be so bad if they added an option like that for next Jackal.  If you survive hardcore and close Jackal you get more points.

3 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Wouldn't be so bad if they added an option like that for next Jackal.  If you survive hardcore and close Jackal you get more points.

So, like a hardcore mission.   I agree, that wouldn't be so bad.  Either the extra points for not dying, or those who really want hardcore, a single-attempt event - you get in once but if you die, you're done.  I could see attraction in that.

Well they could add something like that on the pvp realms instead of pve. But not sure how they going to set it up like that. Some games have delay respawn points. Something like a ghost form have to travel to certain place to join the world, sorry I never gotten killed in this game, so I have no idea what happen when you do.

wurm's casual... you put hardcore mode in games where there's competition about something... biggest card wurm have on the table is the chill play, there's nothing fast about playing wurm.. can't see the appeal to grind for 6-12/+ months.. and eventually lose it all, we're not challenged with same goals, events, it's a sandbox.. what is the hardcore element than, you can go be top 1% player on skills and gear and have never died.. who and why should care about that?

Well, it would be as a challenge, i guess. Hardcore, ironman or call it whatever - that would be the competition part itself. I kinda like the idea of having something like Jackal being hardcore on choice. Maybe get some better rewards if you do it that way.

Just to clarify - i dont think that Wurm Online should be hardcore mode. I merely suggest a mode you can play in, and you choose this mode at character creation. It would be fully optional to choose not to do this. Just adds to the diversity, i guess?

5 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Well, it would be as a challenge, i guess. Hardcore, ironman or call it whatever - that would be the competition part itself. I kinda like the idea of having something like Jackal being hardcore on choice. Maybe get some better rewards if you do it that way.

Just to clarify - i dont think that Wurm Online should be hardcore mode. I merely suggest a mode you can play in, and you choose this mode at character creation. It would be fully optional to choose not to do this. Just adds to the diversity, i guess?

It works in runescape as there's a number of different types of content that make ironman/hardcore modes interesting. Having to personally work your way through the various means of progression whether it be skilling, questing, or bossing. It's constantly rewarding you for your effort through gear upgrades and new content.

Wurm simply doesn't offer that. You're just punishing yourself by either completely throwing away all progress should you randomly die or limiting yourself to true solo play and losing one of the main points of Wurm; the community.

4 hours ago, Jore said:

It works in runescape as there's a number of different types of content that make ironman/hardcore modes interesting. Having to personally work your way through the various means of progression whether it be skilling, questing, or bossing. It's constantly rewarding you for your effort through gear upgrades and new content.

Wurm simply doesn't offer that. You're just punishing yourself by either completely throwing away all progress should you randomly die or limiting yourself to true solo play and losing one of the main points of Wurm; the community.

Yes.