Sign in to follow this  
Vomusu

[No Bug] Fishing net

The current fishing system is REALLY annoying, as most people know, add to that this hopefully unintended mechanic that I encountered when trying to level up the fishing skill in order to get my journal done.

After starting an action with 1 fish in the net i'm getting an error which cancells all the queued actions:

[00:28:18] The net is too unwieldly for you to cast, please empty it first!

6eNjreW.png

You can fit up to 4? fish in the net, at least form what i've seen so why am i forced to restart my fishing queue all the time? Looks like the game checks if there's a fish in the net at the beginning of the fishing action, instead of allowing me to fill the net with 4 fish or whatever.

Fix plz

All fish from a previous net fishing action needs to be removed before starting a new one. It was like this from begin of the new system and looks like works a designed, no bug. Depending on skill and RNG you may catch more than one fish in one action.

Usual fishing net use is having more than one (ideally as many as you can stack actions), stacking activating and choosing the "fish" action for all of them in a row, emptying each net once one action terminates, setting up repair. After the last action and repair ended, restart.

So in order to fully utilise my action queue I would have to make 7 fishing nets, imp them all to high quality and get 7 CoC casts just to skill some fishing at a low level? This is like dredging all over again, and that was changed a while ago since dirt now gets loaded into the boat.

If the net can hold a number of fish, why not just let people fish untill the net is full? Why isnt the error showing up when there's 4 fish in the net and im still fishing, but it shows up at the beginning of the action when there's just 1 inside? The net is not "too unwieldly" to finish the action, but then when you start the next one it suddenly is? Its not like it would be AFK skilling since you have to empty the net all the time anyway.

I really dont see the logic here, its just a pain in the ass and i thought things like that would be "polished out" before the steam release. Please stop making things harder than they need to be, especially considering that fishing is a part of the journal so a lot of people are gonna have to skill it up.

I agree that your idea makes sense, and would encourage you to make a suggestion of that kind. But yes, it is that way atm. I also work with 7 nets when net fishing which allows a semi afk activity.

Edited by Ekcin
typo

@Vomusuit's a wogic system, you're 'intended' to:

1. have x number of fishing-nets(usually amount of your queue or toolbelt slots, whichever you prefer) + put them on your toolbelt slots

2. bind e fish

1e, 2e, 3e, 4e, ...... and go afk and live your life happily.. return to pc once in a while to empty the fish and repeat..

3. bind q drop (point over the fish and drop from the net..) have the "pile of fish" opened and drag that all or parts of it to fsb or backpacks/crates or w/e storage you fancy

afaik woa does not help to speed up the 1minute timer .. so .. enjoy your life of a randomly passing by human around the pc to queue a few actions and afk for a while

Also my test showed catching 1 less fish in caves compared to aboveground fishing on shallow water on sand tile #******minnows

Your idea is not a bug.. it's more of a suggestion..

But logically.. if you have fish in the net and you start over throwing the net in the water.. you'll allow the fish to free itself.. even by(GOOD) chance

Working as intended.  Feel free to open this as a suggestion.