Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

Have you looted a rare forge from Pumpkin Fields recently?

Hi all.

Today I came back to the game after a lengthy bout of Covid that very nearly killed me to find that my deed, Pumpkin Fields, had disbanded a couple weeks ago due to lack of upkeep.

Bummer! But, you know, ###### happens.

I'm not too bothered, but it seems that somebody has built a shed within the boundaries of my old deed, over the tile my rare forge was on. 

That shed is preventing me from redeeding a location I've been using for several years, since my first week in the game, so I'd like to appeal to that person to delete or remove permissions on that shed so I can remove it and redeed the area.

You can keep the forge and anything else you took. It's fair looting under the game's rules and I'm not upset with you, I just want my location back, and you have nothing to gain by maintaining the shed any longer.

Hopefully, whoever put the shed there will read this and either transfer ownership to me or somehow otherwise get rid of it.

Thanks!

• Like 6

Welcome back to Wurm, Ajala, and all the best for you. Hope you get that issue fixed, and get help when rebuilding.

• Like 2

Is the forge "secured" to the ground and perhaps the shed was meant to 'claim" it for later when it decayed enough to be able to load it and cart it away? 

In other words, the forge may not be gone (unless it has windows and you can see it is no longer there).   Or maybe even a neighbor trying to keep it safe for you during your absence.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

8 minutes ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

Is the forge "secured" to the ground and perhaps the shed was meant to 'claim" it for later when it decayed enough to be able to load it and cart it away? 

if you build over a secured item you can unsecure it since its inside your building and you own it now, same as deeding over a secured item

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 2

Welcome back, lassie. 'Tis good to see the bearded lady and friends back ingame. ;)

Hope all is well now, as well that all got sorted in game.

If you need help, feel free to contact me.

Thorin :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

In other words, the forge may not be gone (unless it has windows and you can see it is no longer there).   Or maybe even a neighbor trying to keep it safe for you during your absence.

The forge is definitely gone. I can see inside (no roof) and a GM confirmed it's no longer there. I don't care about the forge, I just want my deed back.

Edited by Ajala
  • Like 2
  • Cat 1

i learn it hard way aswell... always have atlast 1 or 4 years of upkeep payed!

Thanks to Wartuna, who very kindly returned a couple of horses he found on the former deed. Top bloke.

Still looking for the owner of the shed.

• Like 1

I will pay 5 silver to the owner of this shed once the shed has been removed and Ajala has gotten her deed back. Just give your name to Ajala and let her know as you blow up the shed and once she confirms she was able to redeed, mail me a woodscrap for 5 silver.

Now you have something to gain by blowing up this shed.

Ajala, welcome back and let me know if you'd like help rebuilding.

This offer expires if Ajala gives up and deeds elsewhere.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 11

10 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I will pay 5 silver to the owner of this shed once the shed has been removed and Ajala has gotten her deed back. Just give your name to Ajala and let her know as you blow up the shed and once she confirms she was able to redeed, mail me a woodscrap for 5 silver.

Now you have something to gain by blowing up this shed.

Ajala, welcome back and let me know if you'd like help rebuilding.

This offer expires if Ajala gives up and deeds elsewhere.

Adding another 2s to the pool myself. My 2 cents on the issue :P

• Like 9

Welcome back to wurm Ajala! Very sorry to hear your return has had a rough start. Though I can not help you with the building I would like to help you with the forge. Pm me when you are able to. I have a 90ql Rare Forge here with your name on it. Just need to know where to drop it off at.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Thanks for this incredible generosity Angel!

4 hours ago, Jaz said:

Adding another 2s to the pool myself. My 2 cents on the issue :P

And Jaz!

I'll add a barrel of 90+ QL alcohol to the reward fund too.

Hopefully it won't be needed. Wurm is full of lovely people. :)

Speaking of which...

2 hours ago, brattygirl said:

Welcome back to wurm Ajala! Very sorry to hear your return has had a rough start. Though I can not help you with the building I would like to help you with the forge. Pm me when you are able to. I have a 90ql Rare Forge here with your name on it. Just need to know where to drop it off at.

Pumpkin Fields is/will be slap-bang in the center of Xan, at K17. I couldn't possibly ask you to make such a long and tedious journey, but thanks for the excellent offer :)

As an update, I've just noticed that a few of my five-speed bison are trapped in the shed, so I assume the owner will return at some point to collect them. I'm going to leave a sign up asking him to contact me.

1 hour ago, Ajala said:

Pumpkin Fields is/will be slap-bang in the center of Xan, at K17. I couldn't possibly ask you to make such a long and tedious journey, but thanks for the excellent offer :)

I live in i18 Xanadu. I will have no problem delivering it and will head on over!

I remember when you moved there and I was thinking "welp, here is another noob showing up in the middle of nowhere, only to leave in 2 weeks again".  Funny thing, I ended up moving out first :)  Welcome back and glad you survived your ordeal.  I do miss the center of Xan, but I always tend to miss my old deeds.

3 hours ago, Ajala said:

As an update, I've just noticed that a few of my five-speed bison are trapped in the shed, so I assume the owner will return at some point to collect them. I'm going to leave a sign up asking him to contact me.

Let them have them in exchange for the Shed being blown up. I'll breed you some 5 speed bison and bring them over if you need them. 

Maybe Xana lagizens denizens could post in Freedom chat this thread from time to time for the owner's awareness?

Also I'd emphasize that I have zero issues with the looting, and in my view it is totally okay to have sheds in the wilderness for any reason - so the owner should not feel ashamed or being afraid that their name will be known if they collect the "compensation".

As I said in the OP, I have no beef with the looter. He or she didn't do anything that I haven't done a hundred times.

Here is my thoughts on the practice: 

This is something that has been happening in Wurm from the beginning of time. I don't like the term "looters" as since my start in Wurm in 2016 I have known them as "Ruin Hunters". Its a known practice, and it follows the unwritten Wurm rule of "deed it or loose it." In reality, if you abandon your deed (for whatever reason) to the point that your buildings decay (it takes a long time) then you have legitimately forsaken your claim to the items there. Keeping the upkeep high enough to cover a deed is incredibly easy. Both my deeds cost about 2silver per month to maintain for a total of about 50 euros a year. I always try and keep over a year of upkeep on my deed so if something serious happens, I can be gone for months and come back to an untouched deed. A 10x10 deed is a very reasonable size deed for a single person, and it costs about 1 silver a month (without a trader). That's 12 euros or so a year, so there's very little reason to not secure a deed with a reasonable amount of upkeep. 

Of course, not saying you're in the wrong or anything! Just saying that outside a very small handful of people, everyone understands ruin hunting is an acceptable activity, and most of those that don't consider it acceptable are almost always people who let their deeds disband and were subsequently looted. 

• Like 2

It's one of my favorite activities in Wurm.

• Like 1

Just to let you all know that the chap who built the shed showed up and very kindly granted me ownership with no fuss.

The issue is resolved and all is well in the world.

Thanks all for your support.

:)

• Like 13

Very good news! Anyway my 2s offer still stands. If the shed builder wants it and allows you Ajala to share the name I'm happy to accept any COD item for that 2s.

Edited by Jaz

Judging by my conversation with him, I doubt he wants any payment. He refused my thank-you gifts and generally seemed like a thoroughly nice, stand-up guy.

• Like 1

Thats awsome. My 5s stand by for collection if he so wishes. Thanks for showing up and giving Ajala her place back. 

Ajala if you need anything to get back into the game, let me know. :)

• Like 2