Sign in to follow this  
Whane

Cant leave house on Xanadu

For the last two days after the update to fix the measuring jugs, logging in has been a real pain. I have to stand around and wait several minutes for everything to load. Today, only things nearest to me are loading, for example I can't see mountains in the distance. I relogged and it didn't help. Been standing stuck in my house (because the door does not open) for about 5 minutes now. What's going on with the Xanadu server? I'd like to be able to play.

This is not intended as a bug report, it is intended as a performance discussion.

Edit: after about 8 minutes waiting, the game is playable again. Why?

Edited by Whane

In my experience lag has been the cause of many of these issues. During lag spikes the server tends to lose track of where you are and thus does not acknowledge that you are standing at the door for it to open.

I should add that as of yet waiting it out until the server catches up seems to be the only solution.

Edited by Katrat

Thanks for the reply. I've experienced lag on Xan, but not usually to the extent of waiting for 8 minutes before I can do anything.

It's literally unplayable. I cant even click to open a container without waiting for minutes. Nothing wrong with my internet or anything else I use the internet for, it's just Wurm.

FdlFJOl.png

Yeah I was getting a lot of lag on Xan it never played that long. That is why I moved to Exo.

Whane - depending on where you live IRL, sometimes Hetzner ( Wurm's server host ) has issues. You may want to try connecting via VPN to see if that is a solution until they get moved to a new host.

it isn't just Xanadu. I've been getting mad lag on Indy also, even in my new very remote deed.

I live in the USA far far from the servers and I have zero lag and zero load issues on indy, must be a user issue.

41 minutes ago, Jeston said:

I live in the USA far far from the servers and I have zero lag and zero load issues on indy, must be a user issue.

Must? A demonstration of a good connection does not reduce the list of possibilities to just two options. But yeah, I live in the U.S. too. It was a bad connection somewhere between my connection (that I already knew to be good) and the Xanadu server (that I was blaming). It was resolved by using a VPN that uses a different route to the Wurm server. I'll have to continue using a VPN until the problematic node is resolved, or bypassed.

1 hour ago, Whane said:

Must? A demonstration of a good connection does not reduce the list of possibilities to just two options. But yeah, I live in the U.S. too. It was a bad connection somewhere between my connection (that I already knew to be good) and the Xanadu server (that I was blaming). It was resolved by using a VPN that uses a different route to the Wurm server. I'll have to continue using a VPN until the problematic node is resolved, or bypassed.

Try withotu a vpn tomorrow and see if its any better. I know it has happened to me before, but its fixed by the next day. Keep in mind Wurm servers are at the other side of the world and the routing there could be giving you hiccups, as well as Hetzner just being Hetzner.