Sign in to follow this  
Mykoal

A fixed amount of scale and hide..?

14 minutes ago, Tor said:

How idiotic, having to need material to imp it back, like you don't need a steel lumps to imp steel plate right now

so what are you suggesting?  mega update, where killing a single dragon would provide enough for 50 sets and to maintain those 50 sets for half a year? after initially crafting the set ppl will need materials to maintain the set.. get x-ray'ed your head, must be cancer in your brain. 

58 minutes ago, Finnn said:

But "uniques do not exist"..

yes they exist. any locate means are removed, making it fair to anyone finding it. first come first serve basis too, so if you find it, you claim it.  What ever reasons you mentioned, they still apply for literally everyone in the game. let their be farming parties as you say, those ppl put nearly all their playing time into that. WU code they use? well anyone can use WU code again. They have deeds marked on their map to narrow down the search? why can other ppl do the same? i dont see ANY and i mean ANY advantages hunting groups get vs the rest of the players, its just they put in the work to get the job done, while the rest of the majority never leave the deed as their horses need grooming and then complain they cant get no fancy end game gear cuz simply.. well, they have horses to groom. 

4 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

yes they exist. any locate means are removed, making it fair to anyone finding it. first come first serve basis too, so if you find it, you claim it. 

What ever reasons you mentioned, they still apply for literally everyone in the game. let their be farming parties as you say, those ppl put nearly all their playing time into that. WU code they use? well anyone can use WU code again.

They have deeds marked on their map to narrow down the search? why can other ppl do the same?

i dont see ANY and i mean ANY advantages hunting groups get vs the rest of the players, its just they put in the work to get the job done, while the rest of the majority never leave the deed as their horses need grooming and then complain they cant get no fancy end game gear cuz simply.. well, they have horses to groom. 

You seem to have hard time reading between the lines...

new or old player can be a spotter and tell others when a unique have spawned and been found(happens usually at few spaces on servers as they spawn x amount of tiles from deeds.. it's generally easy to make a map where you could find such on smaller servers.. not that many unpopulated areas.. if a new one spawns - it will be there.. there's no hunting, it's just checking if your hen left an egg for you or not; when to check - general x days/hours since last kill that is announced and easy to track ~next spawn time...

8 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

well anyone can use WU code again.

no they can't, wu's not getting updates anymore... old general mechanic have been checked already and abused well enough, adapted with the recent changes..

'farming parties' is a good reference, as they do not seem to be 'hunting parties'

"why can other ppl do the same?" because it's a ****** meta, you're not hunting or looking... you're checking general locations that you know to have them.. and at relative time when you know it will happen... there's not much place for hunting or uncertainty there, it's as you called it.. 'farming' based on faulty rng 'fair' chances to give random people the chance.

*blah-blah grooming nonsense* u-huh(nah..),     well.... people eventually want some variety, but with geek squad doing the math and timing events that is a bit out of the entertainment scope of possibilities in the game as it is. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

look i'm not gonna sit here and argue with your weird thoughts about how uniques are found and how you seem to be the expert on where uniques spawn when as far as i know you haven't found a single one since the spawn changes, but if it was easy as you say, just checking certain spots, why wouldn't more people be doing it for the awesome unique loot and to make public slayings to stick it to the private unique squads? it's not hard to look at the server map and see where deeds are, that's all public info

i wish i was told about this i ride around the entire map like a complete dumbass when i look for uniques

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

get x-ray'ed your head, must be cancer in your brain. 

Very classy

40 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

look i'm not gonna sit here and argue with your weird thoughts about how uniques are found and how you seem to be the expert on where uniques spawn when as far as i know you haven't found a single one since the spawn changes, but if it was easy as you say, just checking certain spots, why wouldn't more people be doing it for the awesome unique loot and to make public slayings to stick it to the private unique squads? it's not hard to look at the server map and see where deeds are, that's all public info

i wish i was told about this i ride around the entire map like a complete dumbass when i look for uniques

exactly what im saying but some ppl just cant get it i guess.. certain days after it dies.. when well certain unique dies, the time stamp is public for anyone - it gets tweeted!! so everyone can add "x amount" of days and start looking for new spawn at a "certain fixed" location.. once again, equal opportunity to anyone. 

anyways, i rest my case. ones want drakes/scales just given to them easily, other ones want imping them with raw material lol clearly not owning one set to realise what absurd idea that is.. anyways, im out of this topic ✌️

So what's the respawn time again? asking for a friend...
Okay, maybe I didn't word it well enough but all I was suggesting was to cut out the only reason private slayings are made private and that's the shared hide/scale...more people there are, the less everyone gets so it becomes a big deal and if it was a set amount it would just be like the other slayings were it's not a big deal...Dragons and Drakes spawn more often than the others... This game is how old and the market is still not flooded with sets...Ehh then again, can't think of another game that endgame gear can be bought on day one for 80wurmbucks...I'm not ever sure why any of you are worried about a market...it's pretty much dead, just no one has pulled the plug on it yet...Not saying my suggestion is perfect, but as it sits now a lot of people aren't happy, a lot of people don't use the forums, a lot of people have came into the game and quit once they saw the ###### show...If someone want's to spend their money on alts, that's just more money for Wurm to use to get better...

13 hours ago, Finnn said:

Best solution is a rift-like event.. with obviously.. fixed mistakes that rift mechanic never had improved.

This right here would be a nice implementation in Wurm. Either that or partially instance them on ground that can't be modified, built upon or anything.

Everyone gets to kill uniques but the participation level (like rifts) may vary. I wouldn't mind if Dragons had certain entourages attached to them. Call them whatever you like, dragonlings, dragonkin, etc.

Kill the henchmen, then the boss, get participation points you can redeem at a token for scales, blood, skulls, rare bones, unique meat, etc.

As for specific kg dropped from uniques, I'd rather not see that. A sad fact of Wurm is that Epic in the past had (for no clear reasons) less scale/hide drops from dragons than Freedom. There aren't many Epic players around that remember those days, but the same uniques you'd find on Freedom yielded less drops on Epic. Many of us experienced how pointless uniques were when , even with 15 hunters, people only got 0.03 kg of scales. It was laughable compared to the effort. It took some of us 4-5 years on those drops just to make a jacket and pants.

I'd rather see drops as proportionate to a player's combat performance in the unique fight.

Combat performance could be judged by a formula that factors in : hits missed, hits completed, dodges/blocks done by player, damage done to unique, healing ally in combat, whether through cotton or spells. The better your performance the more scales you'd get. It's just an idea to support merit  and reward for grinding fight skills. Thus alts would be discouraged to win anything, or not be elligible at all if they had low combat stats.

• Like 1

@elentariwhy not use both and award hide from a fixed, but reasonably large pool, weighted by combat performance?

High end accounts will just be seen as hide printers if their award is open ended, and may be preferred so strongly that people start vetting the characters that are allowed to participate in the fight, which isn't very open. Otherwise, I think this idea exactly hits the middle ground needed here.

OP doesn't want hides per se after all, just better community cohesion. So no harm done if some more people are invited to be allowed to wail at the dragon in futility. And keeping the drop amount the same as it is now, just distributing it differently, doesn't affect its value either in the grand scheme.

or back to old way - hide / scale comes from butchering (and make possible to cut it in smaller pieces to share it

42 minutes ago, kgorski said:

or back to old way - hide / scale comes from butchering (and make possible to cut it in smaller pieces to share it

Yeah I can't wait for public slays to never happen again because nobody wants to cut scale up into .01kg chunks for 70+ people and explain why some people don't get any after making the trip. I don't see the point in this approach, at all. It's an actual full reversion of better mechanics that'd do the opposite of what the OP thinks he'd do