Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 1/JUN/20

PatchNotes-1.png
  • Fixed measuring jugs not working properly
  • Fixed wounds showing incorrect icons
  • Like 1

Will Cele login be fixed too with the restart?

Way to do it in the middle of the rift

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tor said:

Way to do it in the middle of the rift

Yeah, a bit annoying, we were well into the 4th stage.. x_x

Gratz fixes, thanks guys.

.. but I do hope the de rifters didn't all just now loose their horses.

Edited by TeeeBOMB

Edited by Jaz

says servers online but still can't log in on Cele

servers online but can't log in on Pristine, and server status shows one on GV all others empty

Cant log into Serentiy either. 

Celebration and Pristine now have people on

Sorry I didn't catch the posts here - I'm usually dropping quick messages in Discord when things go unexpected as they did today.

As for Rifts, while it's not our intention to interrupt player events, it's also something that's nearly impossible for us to plan around. We give a 30 minute shutdown notice for a reason, as that should be sufficient enough time to get to safety.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Keenan said:

We give a 30 minute shutdown notice for a reason, as that should be sufficient enough time to get to safety.

Good point. I did not think of this. I'm sure,  had I been at a rift, I'd a exited the combat area for the server reset.

18 minutes ago, Keenan said:

As for Rifts, while it's not our intention to interrupt player events, it's also something that's nearly impossible for us to plan around. We give a 30 minute shutdown notice for a reason, as that should be sufficient enough time to get to safety.

https://niarja.com/universes/online/rifts

That's page for rift times, i don't wanna sound mean but if you guys did like 30 minutes later and let us finish the rift i didn't had to waste like 1+ hour more then planed for this event in advance. This events are already time consuming anyways. I am sure the jugs bug wasn't that in hurry as it was few days going already

• Like 1

There had the Cele unreachable issue too which made some of us trapped there (missed the Indy rift due to it too but such is life). It is quite a which-hand-to-bite situation.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tor said:

https://niarja.com/universes/online/rifts

That's page for rift times, i don't wanna sound mean but if you guys did like 30 minutes later and let us finish the rift i didn't had to waste like 1+ hour more then planed for this event in advance. This events are already time consuming anyways. I am sure the jugs bug wasn't that in hurry as it was few days going already

Tor, I see your problem, and had similar before, server restart short after a rift had started, and that is unpleasant. But for the devs, and everyone not close to any actual rift, I fail to see any way to predict the length of a rift fight once the rift has started. I saw rifts taking around 1:15hrs at shortest, and some which took days even on Freedom.

The dev team, meaning devs and GM together, may and possibly should check for starting events, be it automatic ones like rifts, be it player generated ones like public slayings (where we also had an issue once with a patch announced less than 30 minutes before slaying started, though that was concluded narrowly before shutdown) when planning a restart. It should not be hard to have a script doing so for automatic events. It would nice then to issue a warning or where possible to restart earlier than 30 minutes before event start.

It should be evident that maintenance work like server restarts is taking precedence over all player activities. Yet it would be nice indeed not to interrupt a running event whereever possible.

Edited by Ekcin

On 6/1/2020 at 11:37 PM, Keenan said:

We give a 30 minute shutdown notice for a reason, as that should be sufficient enough time to get to safety.

Depends, interestingly enough at the inde rift during restart I was only in the combat tab and only the 20 minute and 3 minute warning was given.  They were all as normal in event, but given I wasn't watching there, there wasn't a pop up for it.  More clueless people or looking away briefly might easily miss those messages especially in the massive combat spam.  Should really do something like runescape does - puts a timer on your screen counting down to the restart so it can't be missed

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this