Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Weather update along with new sky.

Don't know if anything was changed with the weather during the sky patch, but asking if any changes to that and if not then suggesting.  I saw it rain today, but was very thin and seemed to last 30 seconds and forgot all about it.  Was hoping the rain would push in the direction of the wind like how the clouds and water flow with it.  Something like how Chaos works when recharging artifacts how the sky gets all dark even though it's daytime with the sun trying to peak out.  Would like to see some thicker, heavier rain during a storm and some violent lightening.  Rare I see it get dark in the day time and rain like crazy with lightening for awhile.  I remember storms in this game, was it removed?  Haven't seen fog or snow yet so maybe the answers are in the future.

In short I'm asking for realistic storms and little more of them happening.

Edited by nicedreams

It always stood out to me how wispy and thin the clouds look during a rain storm. Even when /weather says there is a gale, the sun is often out.

+1 for an update to the weather system

It seems like a low reaching fruit to update the skymap to actually have dark thick rain clouds with no gaps to indicate that it's raining. I mean I can't tell it even is raining half the time since the particle effects for rain are so thin and sparse as it is. It would make a big difference for immersion with very low effort.

This is something I've been waiting on since alpha.

PLEASE bring back the big, rolling sheets of fog.  Make fog great again!