Sign in to follow this  
Muse

You know what's weird about the sky...?

Seeing The Light

I think most people are loving the new skies since the latest update.  The colours are more varied and change with the shifting moods of the day. Thank you!

I have noticed something weird about the sky at sunrise and sunset.  It's not immediately obvious what's different, but I think I've worked out what it is...

The colour of the sky at any height above the horizon is uniform for 360 degrees of rotation.   This is strange and not how the sky looks in the real world.

It would be great if the red/yellow area of the sky was more centred around the rising or setting Sol - giving a patch of red-orange light around the sun.

The opposite side of the sky would be a more blue or grey colour.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 3

Interesting observation Muse.

My wife and I have both noticed that Rainbows are now brighter then the rainbow on a package of Skittles candy.

..... and extremely large.

In RL rainbows are always slightly fuzzy, and can be dim to bright depending on the back ground they occur against.

The old rainbow was very close to Reality, a treat seen every now and then, not every day of the week.

Food for thought,

Cheers, Hughmongus

Yes indeed the colour tint should be around Sol only - also currently a bit Jackalish being more green/brown than red/orange.

The night sky is awesome - maybe a bit bright.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaz said:

Yes indeed the colour tint should be around Sol only - also currently a bit Jackalish being more green/brown than red/orange.

The night sky is awesome - maybe a bit bright.

I agree to Jaz. Sorry the colour of changing sky is very ugly, particularly when it is brown. :(

aye it def needs some more work to make it more natural looking and fit better with how a sunset should be but so far it is 1 great step into the right direction already