Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 28/MAY/20

PatchNotes.png

• The Jackal server will be shut down after it’s closure.
    • Since its finish, the Jackal server has been up in order to allow accounts still on it to cross back and receive points and skill transfers. Shortly, we will be shutting the Jackal server down as we prepare to focus on the Steam launch. If you have an account still on the Jackal server and would like to receive the points from transferring, please do so soon.
  • New: Added titles for 70 and 90 Soul Depth and Soul Strength
  • New: You can now use place on large seats/chairs/benches as long as they are not occupied
  • Change: An on/off toggle has been added to your profile for dig to pile. Default is ON
  • Change: A ‘Close Tutorial’ button has been added to the New Player Tutorial
  • Change: Foods under 30 quality will now fill your food bar to a greater percentage than previously
  • PvP changes:
    • The following changes have been made based on discussion within the PvP Discussion forum post
    • Change: Tangleweave cast time has been reduced from 7 seconds to 3 seconds
    • Change: Adjusted sailing mechanics as noted below
    • Timers on changing boat speed are now halved
    • Stamina reduction on boats is also now halved
    • Change: Focused Will has been changed to be in line with the recent pvp cure spell changes. (See Patch Notes 30/APR/20 for details)
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented decorative items from decaying inside a trash heap if it was on deed
  • Bugfix: Large planter harvests should no longer result in negative quality harvests
  • Bugfix: Killing rebirthed creatures will no longer count in fulfilling missions
  • Bugfix: Rift Turret armour chains will now have a random metal property when butchered. Note: This only applies to chains butchered after this patch
  • Bugfix: Attempting to use “Place” with an item you normally can’t pick up will now prevent you from placing it on top of another item, like a shelf or a table
  • Bugfix: Fixed a few issues with skins not showing properly in all cases

ClientUpdate.png

• Change: Sky visuals received a full overhaul
    • Only visible on the modern renderer
  • New: Added a “Volumetric Fog” option that produces a realistic light scattering effect
    • The effect will only show when shadow settings are also set to high detail, in addition to the Volumetric Fog option
  • Change: Fixed many instances of z-fighting in the distance
  • New: Added a camera smoothing option to the settings
  • Like 7

Yay, now I can display my mad soul depth gain to everyone.

The server is currently unavailable when it shows Server is Online on the bottom...

Cant find the “Volumetric Fog” option?

pic from test client, the option should be under post process :

TIR5eFl.png

but i dont see it on the live client, correct

EDIT: a new download just now solved this. the setting and option to enable/disable it its there now :P

Edited by AlmostSolitude2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • New: Added a “Volumetric Fog” option that produces a realistic light scattering effect
    • The effect will only show when shadow settings are also set to high detail, in addition to the Volumetric Fog option

This should be: "Shadow Detail is set to Everything", i believe. Just put Terrain/Shadow detail to medium, and still have rays.

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Change: An on/off toggle has been added to your profile for dig to pile. Default is ON

I think the event message is the wrong way round. When I've switched it ON:

[16:06:26] You have switched off dirt always digging into pile.

keep trying to login, get to the load screen and it crashes just as you start to enter after all the connecting, anyone else having issues? Niarja appears to show some folks on

19 minutes ago, Palgolak said:

I think the event message is the wrong way round. When I've switched it ON:

[16:06:26] You have switched off dirt always digging into pile.

Also is it just dirt? What about sand, clay, etc?

Still no luck being able to login, still getting to the Welcome Back etc, and then crashes. Any advice, anyone else having issues?

19 minutes ago, ArthurHawkwing said:

Still no luck being able to login, still getting to the Welcome Back etc, and then crashes. Any advice, anyone else having issues?

Please post your console.log file from the Wurm directory after you crash to a new thread in the Technical Issues forum.

When could we expect for the Steam release for Wurm?

2 hours ago, Nukacola said:

When could we expect actual news about the Steam release for Wurm?

ftfy 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: An on/off toggle has been added to your profile for dig to pile. Default is ON

Wait, so that means dirt doesn't go right into your inventory? It goes into the pile on the ground? So it doesn't stop the action due to too many dirts in your pocket ? 

On the linux client after this patch all crop tiles render as the just planted seed furrows. Mouse over tooltip reports correctly so I can still farm.

Now when are you guys gonna add windows that can be built in the window slot of a wall? 

lHXCGve.jpg

B7Otok3.jpg

Edited by Jeston

A few things first
Can we get something to stop the glowy models from being a thing due to the new lighting? as i know quite a few games suffer from that(look at my once beautiful pure black horsie)
4dR5mo7.jpg

2nd
The view is really nice
3ScOgft.jpg

But i hope this fog does not stay forever as i dont want wurm to remain in the UK weather forever ;)
Plus i cant see my friends house anymore :(
dLEXJX4.jpg

Edit
o47h7DB.jpg

Have a look at how pretty cele looks from the bottom right corner of n15

Edited by wipeout
  • Like 1

Damn, great graphics update.

Now, any location looks twice better, especially with tress, that couse many interesting light/shadow effects.

Also nights, that used to be just dark dull and boring, now looks great.

Next step of improving would be increasing draw distance of objects, including presenting full objects. It is shame to see sometimes bridge or road cut in half, only couse it's on the edge of a draw distance.

Also things like tall banners and crate racks visible sooner then building itself.

What are the exact settings we need to see such awesome graphics?!

Araninke   -   

Added a “Volumetric Fog” option that produces a realistic light scattering effect

•  
Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1

70 soul depth title is mystic? Is it supposed to be the same as 70 faith?

It also doubles in the title list since there is now two of them.

Edited by SmeJack
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SmeJack said:

70 soul depth title is mystic? Is it supposed to be the same as 70 faith?

It also doubles in the title list since there is now two of them.

It was an oversight Sme, there will be a replacement.

• Like 2

Love the new graphic updates but the sun glare is a bit much. Any way to tweak that to be less intense?

Edited by Araninke

Sign in to follow this