Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

Decorations

3 hours ago, Ricowan said:

Strange, I clicked the link and it started the download automatically in Chrome without asking me to sign in to anything.  Maybe you've signed in to OneDrive using Chrome in the past so Chrome is remembering that?  At least you were able to get it to work, just offering some possible ideas.

Good suggestion, except that I don't use OneDrive, and I have a gmail account.  Also, I downloaded the previous version just by clicking the link.  Oh well.  Maybe someone else having the same trouble will read this and just go try another browser.  🙂

Edited by Batta

onedrive is microsoft and they do have a tendancy to just change stuff when ever they feel like it, so yeah it is always worth checking too.

In this case though seems like chrome issue or maybe chromes interaction with onedrive, maybe microsoft decided they just didnt want chrome to access onedrive anymore unless logged into microsoft in some way.

It is working wonderfully! The images are very beautiful as well. Thank you for this update. I suffered a little trying to put the frames, yours are much better.

Maybe we could apply tar to varnish, as we do on the wooden floor? I think it would be very beautiful :)

the videos were very enlightening too!

*edit

So something weird just happened hehe

I was creating some paintings with my non-admin character and, for some reason, whenever I add one small nail, it also counts as a dye. If I start with the dye, it will count as small nail (so, after applying the dye, I have to use 3 small nails, not 4).

As you can see in the image below, it is happening with landscapes and portraits as well. 

dye.png

Edited by Norhi
  • Like 1

well spotted, was my mistake, fixed in v 5.1

just one of those little tiny errors where i had a 2 instead of a 3 for 1 value, should be all good now.

---== edit ==---

As for tarred floor boards, i had never heard of that before, just gave the code a poke and they seem to have another texture applied that has a sheen on it.

Maybe in the future I could look at doing that, i haven't played around with that side of modelling just yet.

Also fixed another bug where trying to change image with item in your inventory caused it to appear on ground but still technically be in your inventory, item is now use on ground only.

Edited by Cuddles
  • Like 1

Hello! Sorry for taking so long to reply.

I tested it and it is working normally. Also, about the tar, in the end it would look the same as painting it with black dye, so it doesn't make much difference.

Oh, speaking in dye, a tip for those using the frames: the RGB 83 61 53 looks very beautiful in the frames!

Spoiler

83-61-53.jpg

Also, I notice that the frame can be placed on the cupboard, but I am not sure if this a feature of this mod or from Threedee. Anyways it is good because if you place the cupboard against the wall, it hides part of the frame.

Spoiler

move-placement.jpg

Sorry about the lighting, my game is like this lately.

Are you still thinking about other decor items? 

If you don't mind, I thought of some items that would be nice to have and maybe you can use as inspiration: a dyable carpet (just like the other carpets in game, but I think it could be dyable if it was white) and a variety of Valentine vases. The original item has a heart on it and only hold roses, maybe we could have it without the heart and with other flowers... but again, I am not a programmer or a design, so I dont know if it would be easy or even doable. Let me know what you think!  I would post this on the topic of mod suggestions, but I thought it would be best to talk to you first.

Edited by Norhi

yup completely designed to fit perfectly on cupboards lol wasnt that lucky ;)

It does look good in that pic.

I will be honest, I was never into decorating when I played the game and so doing this stuff was not hugely inspiring for me, I think the paintings turned out really well in the end but I just haven't been motivated enough to put all the other decorations into a mod for release yet. The thing with serverpacks is every time it is changed the client downloads it again, so making many changes will end up with many files piling up on the players client folder, so I intended to do 1 release when I was happy with what I had done and not just release bits at a time.

My r/l has gotten a bit more busy recently, so I have had less spare time lately, I still have the project on to do list though.

Maybe I should just release it with the 10 odd models I have atm and then revisit it later when things get a bit more quiet for me.

• Like 1

Since this is something completely new there have been lots of issues to work through. At the moment it's looking not bad at all, these are current items in decorations mod.

Some models made by Angie, some by myself and some just from freebie websites that I had to edit to make work in game.

0ED639DCA5E3462A92941C6F1E07158EAC06567B (1280×720)

• Like 1

It looks really cool! I especially like the image game and the bag of colored stones :)

I have another thing to report today, that I failed to check before. Window Portraits are invisible.. for some reason only the 9 is working in my server. I can see their image when I am placing it, but once it is on the floor, it is invisible.

Coincidentally the number 9 was the only one that was being used before the last update.

Spoiler

window.jpg 

window2.jpg

Edited by Norhi

do you see the white light and also templars ok?

If you go to consol does it show any messages?

I have heard of people having issues with the game showing things that have opacity, like templars, eagle spirits and so on, could possibly be due to that?

this is #2 on my screen.

8642F7803587FB4FB796C222AB0E46A64553216A

I can see it all! I have the fixvbo to do it tho, because I couldnt before. But seeing your reply I asked other players in my server and they are seeing it normally, so it is really just with me.

Sorry for that 😅 and thank you again!

so the fixvbo might just be for specific things and not fix all opacity things in general? I have never looked into it as I have never had that issue.

I've been told you can also try

go to your settings in the launcher, compatibility tab, and switch VBO to "extension"

but yeah the mod helps but doesn't fully fix the bug.

k first release of decorations mod on first post of the topic, took some time to make sure you could actually sit on the chess chair properly.

enjoy.

Edited by Cuddles

@CuddlesWhen I try to make the chess pieces, I don't get any black options except the pawn. Also, the table isn't behaving as a surface, and the pieces won't go on top of it.  I can get around this using a custom surface with bdew's Threedee mod, but thought you'd like to know.  (The table does open as a container.)

5RTDei1.jpg

Edited by Batta

another tiny little number error, had a 23 instead of 22 in 1 spot, fixed now, just d/l it again from same link.

--=== added ===--

I dont have the 3d mod on my lan and it works fine, so not sure about that.

Edited by Cuddles

k just got the word from 'he who shall not be named'  (harry potter reference  haha)

If you use 3d mod it basically replaces the vanilla usage of what can have stuff on it, so you need to add the item to properties file for it to work.

If you use GMtool on the item in game you should get the templateid but if you haven't edited properties file of deco mod then its templateid is 6712

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cuddles said:

k just got the word from 'he who shall not be named'  (harry potter reference  haha)

If you use 3d mod it basically replaces the vanilla usage of what can have stuff on it, so you need to add the item to properties file for it to work.

If you use GMtool on the item in game you should get the templateid but if you haven't edited properties file of deco mod then its templateid is 6712

Ok, good to know. We definitely don't want to give up our custom surfaces, so I'll apply the fix via threedee.  

Hello @Cuddlesi love the painting mod!!!

Would you maybe later make a mod with curtains?

It would be awesome to make windows beautifullier with different curtains 😃

Orakel

For any reason, if i try to place the chess figures on the table, it needs 2 minutes.

Edit: i now see the figure on the ground for placing, it connects not to the table.

Edit2: now read above the solution

Edited by Eject

On 9/1/2020 at 12:11 PM, Batta said:

Ok, good to know. We definitely don't want to give up our custom surfaces, so I'll apply the fix via threedee.  

Edited by SilverPen

14 hours ago, SilverPen said:

Can you please show me how to do that? My chess table is not allowing pieces to stay on top

You just add the chess table as a surface, using bdew's threedee mod.  He gives instructions in the mod thread.

#chess Table (wood)

container@6712=4.000000,4.000000,4.000000,0.000000,0.000000

Edited by SilverPen

You might want to fix your Mod.. 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: Since i noticed that Cuddle stopped coding, and i have no clue about coding the workaround right now is to disallow the chance of getting rare/supreme/fantastic bones from items crafted by the Mod.

42hBPni.png

Edited by Virtuos