Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

Decorations

12 hours ago, Cuddles said:

Ok teaser time again, I did it  *cheers*

proper stained glass window.

2A46CD306A2BE13F05D0824CB0983ED2E287884F

Those are going to be so EPIC, especially for churches or medieval-inspired architecture.

Thanks for yet another great addition to WU!

• Like 3

ok paintings mod updated and i changed the 5 default window images to new stained glass ones.

left to right, 1-5

They are all free images of actual real life stained glass windows, so shouldn't be any copyright issues with them.

Still looking at updating later this week with 10 of each type.

41528AC89EEFB987F8739A88C2CC038F8A0D45DA

• Like 6

This looks so great in game! Just updated at Terra Australis. Where is your donation button!!

• Like 1

ok as promised, paintings update.

added 5 more of each type, I did .png instead of .jpg to see if people can manage that easier or not, either way the additional images by default look like this.

window 6-10

A8D0E83884AE49C5A58F59A2AA9F4571B6C2D82F

portrait 6-10

C14CC6812D747DDB0F4A01D0435F61B66ACF7FAA

landscape 6-10

0EB4609DAC8AA2ED05902E3DE5A1361B365703C5

• Like 3

Ok back to decoration/toys.

redid the horsies even though it is hard to tell, previous version had mouse over issues, new ones mouse over perfectly. default colours are very light but has 2 dye areas, like the bed and boats, can dye 2 different areas, 1 can be removed with metal brush and the other needs lye to remove, not going to change that at this stage.

horse on right is the default colours, rest are dyed.

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 1

Oh, wow! Really blown away with those windows. Really stunning work here!! 

What are those alchemy flasks on the wall called?  Can't seem to find them...

well they aren't in the game, yet.

Keep in mind pretty much everything in these mods will be new models the game has never seen before.

Still fine tuning some models and adding more to my list. Since using serverpacks I don't want to just release with 5 items and add items 1 at a time later as every time I change the pack it will add another pack file to the clients PC and they can build up as the mod doesn't remove older versions of packs. To give you an idea I do a lot of testing and my current packs folder is over 12 GB in size, obviously that wouldn't happen to people playing normally but it is an extreme example. So the less changes to serverpacks we make the better in the long run.

• Like 2

Hello! Thank you for your work. This mod is the kind of thing that I really miss in Wurm.

I replaced the landscape and portrait images following your instructions. Landscapes are absolutely  fine, but something is wrong with portraits and I dont know exactly what. I am not used to image editing, so I would like to know if you happen to know what I am doing wrong. All the portraits I made are 542x718 and under 300kb.

Spoiler

In game, they are all like this:

erro.jpg

These are the actual images:

Screenshot-2.jpg

Thank you  in advance :))

3 hours ago, Norhi said:

All the portraits I made are 542x718 and under 300kb.

Try making the size a multiple of 4 (e.g. 540x716), wurm seems to like those better :P

• Like 1

yeah I think i need to redo the model, made it to fit in the window space but I am thinking keeping the size an amount the game prefers, like bdew said multiple of 4, would be better.

image sizes multiple of 4 is probably enough without changing model, probably.

I love you added frames to the images 😃

took your image and did 1 of them as 420 x 560 pixels, i'll make sure to edit in about the multiple of 4 pixels in the topic.

ED30CEC280EB06E003EB6BB1955629C97CE182AD

Edited by Cuddles
  • Like 1

Thank you for replying!

I resized all portraits to 420x560 and it worked. Then I realized I was only trying to create the items with the ebony wand. After that, I tried to craft it normally with a non-admin character. When I tried that, for some reason, portraits aren't listed in the crafting recipes menu or the crafting menu itself. Besides that, every landscape paintings is listed twice. I assume they are different recipes because the ingredient order is different.

I didnt change anything in the properties file or the .dae files, just replaced the images.

bug.jpg

ahh, well spotted, fixed. same link on earlier post.

I might also redo the images at some stage with the pixel multiple of 4, might not be today though. Might also change them all to .png but I haven't got any feedback on the file types from people yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cuddles said:

ahh, well spotted, fixed. same link on earlier post.

I might also redo the images at some stage with the pixel multiple of 4, might not be today though. Might also change them all to .png but I haven't got any feedback on the file types from people yet.

Thank you again! Everything is working as intended now. 

Oh, the mountain lion is in your folder as portrait11.jpg, but it cannot be crafted in game. 

If anyone wants to, the paintings I made are here. they are made with photos that I took in the game myself, except the landscape and portrait 2, which I took on Wurm's facebook page. As it is not a 3d file, the frames are not looking good on the sides and the back, but it is beautiful looking from the front hehe 

Edited by Norhi

ahh sorry I had it in there for testing to make sure it worked, forgot to remove it.

removed it now. I do still need to check the sizes on all the others still.

• Like 1

@CuddlesI was thinking how useful this could be for posting GM messages, such as an image containing all those typed characters that you can't use on signs.  But we wouldn't want players experimenting and accidentally wasting their mats by making the GM portrait or landscape picture.  Know what I mean?  So would it be possible to add a few special ones that can be crafted only by GMs, which we'd then add our own images to?

@Norhiinspired me to be less lazy, so doing some more work on paintings.

A571F6A60AB0F3593D1CAB12559F76807D07360A

a nice wooden frame. currently the frame can be dyed, the white area around image can also be dyed separately to frame. changing the image file ie landscape10.png changes only the actual image and has no affect on the frame or border. My current train of thought is to just have 1 model/item for landscape and have an action to change the image. This may not seem realistic or logical but at the same time this is a game after all, a fantasy world and doesn't always need to reflect reality.

• Like 3

little video as an update, still tweaking a few things here and there before I post the updated mod on here. In the video you can see the usage from a players side of things. I will make a video from server admins side at some stage soon.

• Like 3

ok paintings mod has been updated to v5.0, same link as in second post on this topic.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjChAjOjPzE1LceGOMU?e=bXDjdp

Previous landscape and portrait paintings can still be made by a GM but can no longer be crafted by players.

Stained glass hasn't changed in any way.

There are 2 new items added to game, framed portrait and framed landscape, both items can be crafted by players.

The wood material used to create the items affects the look of the frame.

There is a new action on both items which is used to change the image the item is showing. 

watch the videos for usage

previous video was aimed at players, this next video is for server admins. 

please post comments and suggestions.

• Like 1

@CuddlesI'm unable to use the link, this time.  It says I have to log in with a Microsoft account.  Any chance you could post it wherever it was last time?

hmm just tested on another pc that I literally just made yesterday and have never logged in on anything, not even microsoft and linked worked fine and d/l the mod straight away.

So I'm not sure why it says you need to login.

Anyone else have this issue?

28 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

hmm just tested on another pc that I literally just made yesterday and have never logged in on anything, not even microsoft and linked worked fine and d/l the mod straight away.

So I'm not sure why it says you need to login.

Anyone else have this issue?

This is the screen that pops up when I click your download link:

lcpwfMx.jpg

are you trying to edit the folder in some way? you dont need a password to just view it and I did just click link on other PC that doesn't even have windows activated yet, nothing at all has ever been logged on that PC, so it seems odd to get that enter password message. maybe try using a different web browser?

11 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

are you trying to edit the folder in some way? you dont need a password to just view it and I did just click link on other PC that doesn't even have windows activated yet, nothing at all has ever been logged on that PC, so it seems odd to get that enter password message. maybe try using a different web browser?

No, I just clicked the link and that is what came up. I'll try a different browser

UPDATE:  @CuddlesWell, that was the issue.  It wouldn't open in Chrome, but opened just fine in Firefox.  All good now.

Edited by Batta

Strange, I clicked the link and it started the download automatically in Chrome without asking me to sign in to anything.  Maybe you've signed in to OneDrive using Chrome in the past so Chrome is remembering that?  At least you were able to get it to work, just offering some possible ideas.