Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

Dye Maker mod

Ok so firstly this is a collaboration between 2 people, me and Angie, Angie did the models and they look awesome.

It has a new model, so the server will need to run serverpacks mod and the players will also need the client version of serverpacks mod in order to see the model.

D5F15E3EBBABFD27E2B4CD8C08CB3208F49384CA (1280×720)

General idea is that at the moment in order to make big volumes of the same color is difficult but also recreating that exact same color at a later date is almost impossible.

So we added a new device called a 'Dye Maker' although it is more of an extractor or separator but either way dye maker is the name i originally gave it and it stuck.

Device can be crafted in game by players.

The process goes like this.

Craft the device which will be on the ground, just like forge, fountain and such.

Activate the dye in your inventory and right click the device, click 'Add dye' and this will add your dye to the device, there is an amount that is lost for adding dye (this is set by server admin).

Activate any item and you get the action of 'check dye' this will tell you exactly how much dye has been stored in the device.

Activate a container that can hold dye in your inventory and right click device, click 'Extract Dye' and then you will get a window pop up asking you to set the values for the dye. Choose your RGB, quality and volume.

perms, the player needs pickup perms on deed in order to extract dye, anyone can add dye and check how much dye but need perms to extract dye.

That is pretty much it, there are very complex calculations as far as how much dye is added to the device.

Properties file looks like this

## Item template Id to use for the dye maker device, change if it conflicts with another mod
targetid = 5858
## % amount of liquid lost when adding to device
losspercent = 50
##lowest value of R,G and B for extraction, example: if set to 50 all 3 values must be at least 50.
minimumextraction = 50
## maximum of R+G+B allowed to add to device, any higher cannot be added as is to device
maxrgb = 450

The game itself makes it very easy to make white dye which in the game at least is 255 255 255, so making white dye would add large amounts of each RGB, so there is a loss value to counter this which is set by the server admin, default is 50%. Then on the other side of the coin 0 0 0 is pure black and doing volume calculations on 0 would mean adding a tiny bit of dye you could extract thousands of volume of pure black, so there is a minimum value for the R G B extraction, which can be set by admin, default is 50. Which means the lowest RGB values possible to extract are 50, so 50 50 50, this makes a dark brown but not quite black colour.

Also a maxrgb value for adding dye, this is R+G+B, so you if set to 450 then you won't be able to add pure white of any ql.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjChAaSk_GXtEbXecVP?e=OQCEkZ

So there is a group of us working together at the moment in our own time to make more interesting things for wurm, including models. This is just the first released mod and there will no doubt be more to come.

Logo_Discord2.png

Edited by Cuddles
  • Like 13

I really enjoyed to work to try to do my best to create the model - I really enjoyed work with Coldie, and our team is made by wonderful persons, very generous, patients, happy to help ! we are already working on the next possible mod(s), and it bring me lot of happiness, thank you to all the members of Wurm Art&Coding to start to contribute to keep WU alive !

• Like 1

forgot to mention the perms check, in order to extract dye if the device is on a deed then the player needs perms to 'pick up' in order to extract, anyone can add or check though.

--reserved--

Edited by Cuddles

The model for a player that built this dropped as a ? bag. After a restart the GM spawned one also became a ? bag. As are the new GM created ones. I saw there was an update to the mod but says it has an uncompressed block when extracting! = )

Ok the model has been tweaked and I currently get no lag with V3.5

• Like 1

changed a check for ql and volume to be minimum of 1, it was previously set to 0 which caused a bug of 0 volume item.

• Like 1

What an amazing mod and model! Congratulations on the work

@Angieit is beautiful! 

@Retrograde thank you so much, this is really touching me that you like the model and the Mod of Cuddles/Coldie ! thank you so much for your kind words. And more generaly, i'm happy if the wurm players on all the different WU servers are enjoying the Mod  :)

On 5/27/2020 at 1:42 PM, Angie said:

I really enjoyed to work to try to do my best to create the model - I really enjoyed work with Coldie, and our team is made by wonderful persons, very generous, patients, happy to help ! we are already working on the next possible mod(s), and it bring me lot of happiness, thank you to all the members of Wurm Art&Coding to start to contribute to keep WU alive !

This is REALLY cool as WU modding community has long lacked a talented modeler -- having one now teamed up with one of our best programming modders is fantastic news!

I hope this is the first of many projects that you and Coldie work on together!! I am very excited at WU's future if we have teams like this !

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Super excited to see what comes from your team!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

snuck in a minor update, had a couple of trouble shooting prints which would go in server log that I removed, so not important to update really as they can just be ignored.

updated to v 4.1

-- bug fix--

QL wasn't being calculated in previous version, so extracting lower ql and adding again would actually add more dye to device than extracted.

my apologies.