Sign in to follow this  
Seriphina

Error Code 7

I'm getting constantly disconnected from the servers. Several times a day and as often as every few minutes I get the Network error: Connection timed out screen and sometimes it reconnects, sometimes it doesn't. I am able to tell when it is going to happen as I have a huge lag spike, then the disconnection screen.

Other times, I have to restart the client and get the error code 7 issue as discussed here:

What have I tried? I've added wurm to my allowed apps on firewall, restarted my computer, restarted my router, reconnected everything. I've reinstalled the program. I've updated all drivers.

Only Wurm is having this issue. No other internet-based programs have any problems, and I can stream movies at the same time without buffering, so it's not my internet. No one else on my network is experiencing issues. It has been happening for several days now and is making the game unplayable. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's happening more and more frequently.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 2

If you have the same issue you quote.. it's probably your network cable.. just crimp both ends again.. or replace the wire entirely if it have been re-connected somewhere or possibly damaged?

Else.. I'd guess it's just a stinky packet loss issue, start > run > cmd > ping -t google.com, press Ctrl+C after 2-5-10 minutes.. see what it says about packet loss 0% or more..

It's possible to be happening from time to time.. but if it's a matter of few minutes to trigger, probably packet loss caused by your wire or isp connection, if you can't bother with any of that.. just call your isp to send a team and let the team do their job.