Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

Only a couple of "billion" voxels per statue nothing much right?

I just love seeing how our rendering tech keeps becoming more and more advanced to the point that something like that "can" look that amazing in real time 

From the bugs to the rocks to the bats and birds to the amazing lighting it just makes me feel so happy seeing this kinda of stuff come out as some day those kinds of textures will be the norm for games in the far of future and it will be amazing

• Like 3

Yeah, they've come a long way since super Mario bros.

The irony is the tools and hardware have gotten better but the people who "make" games have gotten much worse. When it was harder, and I am not saying it isn't still difficult to design or make games. But when there were zero tools or outsourced engines the only people who  attempted to even make games in general were the ones with a passion first & profit second mentality. Now we have Indy unity trash a dime-o-dozen of tech demos and kickstarters who take the money and run. We also have the larger older game maker companies turning everything into politics even though games are supposed to be an escape from all that.

Edited by Jeston
  • Like 1