Sign in to follow this  
kgorski

"drag and drop" item to trade chat

if will be possible to drag and drop item to trade chat, and it will show uiALT.png when move mouse on that item.

• Like 8

This would be awesome. And probably really hated by a lot of old school wurmians.

• Like 1

I hated the trade chat since day one..but its still here..so why not.give them colors too,like every other cool kid out there

Edited by Jonydowy

Can't be too bad to point over(or click) [Pickaxe, iron] and see baloon with ql / enchants / imbue.. with flying chat.. the clicking option is probably better, but I'd like to have Escape or dedicated NEW keybind to close active window or baloons*/item-info-dialog-window(with priority?) in general.

That will expand functionality.. [ ` ] for example.. the key before 1 could be a 'new' escape for certain windows.

WHY the ..... ? BECAUSE, nobody can care less to chase tiny x-es on several annoying windows opened on a screen (which is dumber, having 2nd-escape closing baloons* or targeting several X-es on screen to close these with no alternative?)

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

Can't be too bad to point over(or click) [Pickaxe, iron] and see baloon with ql / enchants / imbue..

That’s what they do in WoW and it’s brilliant 

I was thinking about this the other day. I would give my firstborn child for this.

29 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

I would give my firstborn child for this.

But only in a drag and drop trade?   😉

• Like 1

This is really a nice to have in WO. In other MMOs (e.g. WoW) you need this as it shows the player specific stat changes (e.g. +5 dexterity). And some of them have tons of those.

In WO it's generally the case that it's a picaxe of a certain material, with one or two enchants and maybe a rune. Easy to write so in chat. So it wouldn't help that much.

What it might do is make the game more familliar other MMO players, and give it more of a "polished MMO" feeling.

+1 would make chat more transparent since you wouldn't see all enchants numbers and tags

On 5/24/2020 at 11:00 PM, Kelody said:

This would be awesome. And probably really hated by a lot of old school wurmians.

Thats how you know its a good idea.

would love this, even if shift-click or another combo to get the item into chat. better trade chat means better commerce!

On 5/25/2020 at 5:00 AM, Kelody said:

Why would it be?

+1 to this, but it'd still have to realistically have some sort of window for it. Which isn't a bad thing! Tick a box for either WTS or PC at least, and input a price if you want one. Don't automatically send the message, instead input the text and the info you previously set in a box, and then if you want to amend it, you're able to! Still automates most of it in a way, but allows some degree of flexibility too.

We can already do this in a limited way, right click, examine, copy, paste to trade chat.

This would make for an excellent quality of life feature. I suspect it would be difficult for them to add, though.