8 minutes in

Edited by Morrowen
  • Like 2

“Would I play it again?.. mmmm >.> “. XD

Edited by WittleBunnBun

"sword and shovel, huh?!"

this kinda sums up how the wurm online will be seen for the steam audience 🤣

• Like 1

Raise your hand if you've off-handed a sword while main wielding a shivel.

*shifty eyes*

69 cents?  For that price, they should be giving them out like the plastic rings and mini-frisbees at the Chuck E Cheese ticket counter.

• Like 1

The game has been officially abandoned by the company, charging anything for it at this point is just a scam.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bdew said:

The game has been officially abandoned by the company, charging anything for it at this point is just a scam.

So that makes all known game companies in world scammers in your book, since they all charge money for games they no longer support in any way.

Good stuff.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Finnn said:

@Sklo:D'oh but that ping sucks' lol 🤣

shots fired..

It is the same ping every Wurm Online server has, just saying.

39 minutes ago, bdew said:

It's a finished game.. call it WU 1.0 or 0.9b or whatever it is or should be called but it was released as standalone server/client combo.. company still supports fixes to it, but does not offer any kind of new features.

The support is all you'd usually expect to get from the game you buy.. new content being discontinued.. unless you get some kind of clear statement upfront .. might come as surprise.. but it's nothing new.. do you buy borderlands 3 and expect to get free DLC's - no, or anything like new events, skins, effects, gear, characters to play.. nope.. it's just a game you buy and play. Once there's a new version you buy the next.. in that sense it's a normal thing IMO

As to WU being fun... I'd pass on playing it.. have 2 copies.. I still had more time spent using steam console to download and read 'decompiled' code more than running WU( you don't even need a copy or an account to download wu server btw ), It's a total mess for moderation and configuration of the server, relogging as gm or controlling stuff.. management of it all is a pile of ****.. if you cant hook up a 10yr old to play and figure wtf is happening there and how to do it in a sensible way.. you've totally failed your class, don't want to shoot anybody from the team for certain work that was never on focus*.. but it's not hard to see why the game is being a niche.. it's TOUGH to figure or do stuff in it. Attention span of people is lowering and making them figure things.. is just going to keep the game for the few, rather than let anyone enjoy playing it..

4 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

It is the same ping every Wurm Online server has, just saying.

I get that.. guy was probably from NA and server's in EU, that's ok, but he shot you in the leg with that statement ^^, non the less it was good advertising for the game and the server.

53 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

So that makes all known game companies in world scammers in your book, since they all charge money for games they no longer support in any way.

Good stuff.

Any company selling an unfinished product with no intents of working on it any longer are scammers in my book. It's a sad state of affairs if that seems surprising.

8 minutes ago, Finnn said:

It's a finished game.. call it WU 1.0 or 0.9b or whatever it is or should be called but it was released as standalone server/client combo

It is not and the marketing material posted by the company and it's then-owner when it came out says otherwise.

1 minute ago, bdew said:

Any company selling an unfinished product with no intents of working on it any longer are scammers in my book. It's a sad state of affairs if that seems surprising.

It is not and the marketing material posted by the company and it's then-owner when it came out says otherwise.

So what makes the game unfinished then?
What is this game missing that it was said it was going to have?

You post a lot of "WU is abandoned" but this is the first I'm seeing you state that it's "unfinished" and I don't see anything here or anywhere that would suggest it's not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zera said:

You post a lot of "WU is abandoned" but this is the first I'm seeing you state that it's "unfinished" and I don't see anything here or anywhere that would suggest it's not.

It was stated by rolf that WO and WU will be developed in parallel, so unless you want to claim WO is finished then neither is WU.

That's aside for countless bugs that have been reported and not fixed over the years (invisible spirits and bl/wl anyone?), features that were promised and then retracted, and so on.

6 minutes ago, bdew said:

It was stated by rolf that WO and WU will be developed in parallel, so unless you want to claim WO is finished then neither is WU.

That's aside for countless bugs that have been reported and not fixed over the years (invisible spirits and bl/wl anyone?), features that were promised and then retracted, and so on.

Okay so Rolf said that WO and WU would be developed in parallel and they were.
But did Rolf EVER say that WU would "never be finished, so long as WO was still going?"
I mean, just because someone says that a game will be developed along-side another game, doesn't mean that they'll continue to be updated together, at the same time, indefinitely. All that states is that neither game will dropped in-favor of the either or that neither game would be focused over the other.

They reached a point in WU that continuing to add new things wasn't in the plan anymore. So they stopped.
It works, it runs, it's playable. It was developed along-side/at the same time as WO was.
It was not "abandoned" it was "developed to a point in which they felt continuing to ADD to it was no longer necessary."

Don't confuse words of "Developed in Parallel" with "Will receive all updates and features in Parallel."

As far as these bugs, you must continue to ignore the fact that everyone, including the Developers have stated they are working on a massive Patch for WU still. One that is intended to fix a lot of these bugs.
If they're still working on bug fixes, that hardly counts as "not supported" either.

Edited by Zera

2 minutes ago, bdew said:

wurm left beta and released 1.0 in 2012 so it's been a finished game since then technically, it's just continuing to receive post-release updates. Wurm unlimited is the end product of about 16 years of work on the game when you include all the time spent from WO's creation to when WU was discontinued so calling it an unfinished game just looks like you're grasping at straws lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bdew said:

So what?  We could cite examples like the promised PvP overhaul update that was originally due for November.  That didn't happen.  Does it mean they abandoned Wurm Online?  No.  

Stop exaggerating.

Just now, Wargasm said:

So what?  We could cite examples like the promised PvP overhaul update that was originally due for November.  That didn't happen.  Does it mean they abandoned Wurm Online?  No.  

Obviously not because they are still developing WO and that update will happen one day... maybe.

Unlike WU that they officially stated will no longer receive any updates.

3 minutes ago, Zera said:

Don't confuse words of "Developed in Parallel" with "Will receive all updates and features in Parallel."

On 9/25/2015 at 1:11 PM, Rolf said:

WU and WO share the same code, but the main branch is WO which means we will develop the WO server code first and then release on WU

9 minutes ago, bdew said:

Obviously not because they are still developing WO and that update will happen one day... maybe.

I'm sorry, but unless you continue to pay a developer for their time. You aren't entitled to anything more than what you pay for.
Ergo, you paid for a product, you got a product. Anything beyond that point is not owed to you, by anyone.

Regardless of what someone (including developers) say.
If you pay for something based on what someone said and then get mad that their word turns out to not be what you expected.
Well, that's on you isn't it? I don't recall any contracts being signed that WU would in-fact receive all the same updates that WO would, or would continue to be updated so long as WO was.

Do you get mad at someone for a house or car you buy that the seller says runs well or is in good shape to later find out a year later it's breaking down or has a leaky roof?
I don't think so!

But I've already said all this, and you've failed to acknowledge that post even now.

4 minutes ago, bdew said:

Okay so he said "We develop to WO first then release to WU."
But here's the thing, I still dont' see where he said "ALL FUTURE UPDATES" or "INDEFINITELY" either.
That only tells me that WO would get ANY updates before WU would and then said updates would be pushed to WU.

Still, not "For as long as the life-span of WURM's existance" and I say "Wurm" as in WO or WU for that matter.
So just because WO is still getting updates, again does not entitle WU to all those same updates. No where does it state that "every WO update will go to WU".

And the kicker, you pulled this from a Question based on "How will this effect Wurm ONLINE".

Edited by Zera

14 minutes ago, Zera said:

But here's the thing, I still dont' see where he said "ALL FUTURE UPDATES" or "INDEFINITELY" either.

Oh wow the mental gymnastics here are strong.

17 minutes ago, Zera said:

If you pay for something based on what someone said and then get mad that their word turns out to not be what you expected.

Paying based on what something said is called "advertising", when they break their word it's called "false advertising" which in most of the world is a crime.

55 minutes ago, bdew said:

Dude, Epic cluster is waiting overhaul for about 10 years by now.. its always been promised then postponed.. yet, the game is playable, so you cant say its unfinished. 

WU stopped getting updates, as its not beneficial. they want ppl to play official. WU was a "stand alone" release basically, that got few patches. thats it. They might release another stand alone WU-2 in few years, who knows. 

I play NBA 2k.. every year they release new NBA 2k i have to buy again, the one i bought in 2010 somehow does not get updates up to now so i can still play 2k20 for the same 10 quid i payed in 2010

Edited by Skatyna

35 minutes ago, bdew said:

Oh wow the mental gymnastics here are strong.

Paying based on what something said is called "advertising", when they break their word it's called "false advertising" which in most of the world is a crime.

You continue to want to be convinced that WU was stated to continue to recieve "Forever updates".
It's already obvious that there is otherwise no pointing out that it was never stated to receive continued new features for the foreseeable future.

As far as you and 95% of the rest of WU community are concerned, so long as WO is alive and getting updates, you are entitled to those updates too.

Regardless of the fact that despite sharing code and despite the fact that the game-play is in general the same, they are two completely different entities and no where was it stated that WU was in-fact "live as long as WO does".

Since I feel that particular wording is required here for you to understand as you clearly want to be reading words that are never actually stated.

I'm sorry but just because you want to read between the lines and translate that to "Every update WO gets, WU will get too, including new features for the foreseeable future" doesn't mean it was ever said.

If that's what you understood, it's apparently obvious that you misunderstood. But since it was never actually stated that way, only stated that updates would be made to Wurm Online first, then pushed to Wurm Unlimited, there was no false advertisement made.

I'm sorry you misunderstood what was said to mean "we will not stop adding new features to WU so long as WO is getting updates". I however cannot find any words that say anything like that, anywhere. Not on Steam, not on these forums, no where.

So until you can find actual words that state this clearly, I'm afraid no false advertisements were made.

If you really feel that they've committed a crime by false advertisement, why haven't you legally done anything about it then?