Sign in to follow this  
Wurmfarm

Give flexibility to journals.

Making people grind meditate for journals is extremely boring. Some people despise meditate.(too ADD to remember timer and walking around and such)

The other stuff is all worthwhile content (besides killing an animal with catapult which shoudl be replaced with destroy a wall with a catapult)

We should have the option to opt out of one of the selections on journals. give people some options to take at higher levels.

Some people dont wanna level fishing past 70,  some people dont like to meditate. Some people dont like to do rifts. Some dont hunt dragons. ETC

There should be a equally hard option that doesnt force people into a experience they dont want to have to repeatedly do to advance.

Make us try a little bit of everything but dont force us to get in depth at everything.

Edited by Wurmfarm
  • Like 1

if you werent forced to do things you despise would it really be a wurm online journal

• Like 2

I think it's less flexibility needed, and bringing eyes in to the system from people in the game. The journal could be a totally invaluable tool for the new starter experience, giving SB and other bonuses while being a more hands off way to providing rails to the game experience, if needed/desired. A lot of this journal is pure fluffer, stuff that adds nothing to the experience other than a lazy timesink because it wasn't thought deep enough.

It could really use with more clarity and better mouse over descriptions, with that first point in mind.

Remove having fishing three times. It's currently a very interesting yet flawed system, and not nearly beneficial enough to learn and wade into and grind long term. Once is more than enough.

Change rifts in the final tier. I think given how much the community widely hates rifts, it needs to be a lot lower. Make it rift points instead, lower the number drastically and put it in a lower tier.

Lower 90 fighting a tier or two down. Fighting is a slower grind but it doesn't need to be in the final tier, it's overall a bit weird.

Introduce alchemy/natural substances into the journal task list. Transmutate tiles I think would be good, meaning somewhere on deed you're likely to use that to get the resource tiles you'd like on deed.

Meditation is a very valuable skill, but I think it needs to be bumped up one tier for level 11 on a path. That's a very long, slow task.

• Like 1

Well as for me, sometimes it is annoying that you have to wait ages before you finally have a cluster completed. I am waiting for a few months now to kill that one legendary, but they either dont show up or the public slaying is at a bad time for me, like in the dead of night.... So yeah, maybe an option to do one thing OR another to complete a cluster, like slay either a legendary or 10 champions, would be a good idea.

Oh, and I like to meditate, if only to get to level 11 and get the "free" teleport back to your deed option once per day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melissablueflame said:

like in the dead of night....

thats nothing, can easily get up at night and get it done. A lot worse when its a day time and you are at work..

I would personally rather catch 10000 fish or cut down 100000 trees or pick 1000000 grass rather than get meditation to 70. 

I don't use journals... did not liked it ever. Completion of entries was coincidental and a complete embarrassment as it happens.

• Like 1

I think what is interesting is the different reactions each person has to the journal.  Some keep it open like a bible - hanging on its every word, and painstakingly completing each task, others use it as a reference or memory jogger, or just a source of project ideas to motivate them to try something new.  I can see some using it like a pack of Oblique Strategies cards to get them over some creative rut.

Me, I never open it.  If a journal task gets completed it's by accident, I use Wurmpedia as my reference and if I get close to being bored I can travel to a new place - meet up with a friend or help on a community project.  As far as creative inspiration goes - I just look around my deed at all the work that needs doing... ;)  

That said I wish everyone who is working on the journal an enjoyable and speedy completion. :) 

• Like 1

It'd be nice if there were, for example, 12 entries for a portion of the journal and you needed to complete 10 of them to finish it. It gives some flexibility to the process without giving too much freedom.

• Like 4

On 5/24/2020 at 2:22 PM, Wurmfarm said:

Make us try a little bit of everything but dont force us to get in depth at everything.

- Agreed !

Hailene Posted Monday at 05:43 PM

"It'd be nice if there were, for example, 12 entries for a portion of the journal and you needed to complete 10 of them to finish it. It gives some flexibility to the process without giving too much freedom."

- And that is a great idea as well.

Edited by Baloo
  • Like 1