Sign in to follow this  
metalheadjoelxx

Cart-Pulling Animals

What do you all use/prefer for pulling a large cart/wagon? It would be a resource gathering large cart, i cannot use a wagon just yet.

I currently have two bulls, but would like to upgrade for some speed.

Thanks!

Joel

Hell horses, horses, bison, bulls. They all work, but i guess horses is the most common ones. :) 

Edited by Nordlys

I remember a few years ago people were breeding speeder bison for wagons since they were supposed to be the best to pull a heavy load or something like that.  Don't know if that was a real thing since don't see that anymore.

And if not then they should make Bison more valuable pulling heavy loads so it's worth it to breed Bison instead of just normal/hell horses you see everywhere.  If using Bison with a wagon or ship transporter it should go 1/3 or 1/2 faster than horses if it was up to me.

I have not tested any of this so maybe this is already how it works.

7 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

I remember a few years ago people were breeding speeder bison for wagons since they were supposed to be the best to pull a heavy load or something like that.  Don't know if that was a real thing since don't see that anymore.

And if not then they should make Bison more valuable pulling heavy loads so it's worth it to breed Bison instead of just normal/hell horses you see everywhere.  If using Bison with a wagon or ship transporter it should go 1/3 or 1/2 faster than horses if it was up to me.

I have not tested any of this so maybe this is already how it works.

Bison are said to get a speed boost when pulling a Wagon, has been that way since Wagons were released. Bison however eat a lot and since they weren't exactly something that was already in well-off supply not a lot of people used them (or continued to) over time I think.

The main reason I never bothered getting bison for my wagon is that they can't swim, and I live on an island. 

Edited by Rusk

Bison get a boost for wagons, and a 5 speed bison haul a wagon faster than 5 speed horses with decent (70-80ql) horseshoes. but other than hell-horses, regular horses are fastest for carts. Bison just don't go that fast on a cart. But any of those are faster than bulls.

normal horses.  since you can also ride them at any moment. horses can be faster if you equip them with decent shoes.

also nice when you need to unhitch them, (assuming they have saddles)they wont run all the way up a mountain right away like bisons tend to do.

Edited by AlmostSolitude2

On 5/24/2020 at 8:31 AM, AlmostSolitude2 said:

normal horses.  since you can also ride them at any moment. horses can be faster if you equip them with decent shoes.

also nice when you need to unhitch them, (assuming they have saddles)they wont run all the way up a mountain right away like bisons tend to do.

All of that.

At a minimum, I bridle my horses, but also keep a couple saddled.  The saddled pair always the first to do duty pulling vehicles.   I only wish I could selectively unhitch the animal instead of having to unhitch all from the vehicle - as currently I immediately re-hitch all but the one I want to ride.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:18 AM, Rusk said:

The main reason I never bothered getting bison for my wagon is that they can't swim, and I live on an island. 

I just don't like the model.  Bison should be HUGE!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

I just don't like the model.  Bison should be HUGE!!  

60be37cd1ceae698a44452654cf90928.jpg

• Like 2

hahah thank you for all the replies! i ended up buying 2 bison, so when i can command a wagon, i will only need to buy a couple more =]

would love to have llamas or alpaca's as farm animals, btw 😛

On 5/25/2020 at 3:20 AM, TheTrickster said:

I only wish I could selectively unhitch the animal instead of having to unhitch all from the vehicle - as currently I immediately re-hitch all but the one I want to ride.

You can actually un-hitch one single animal from cart/wagon.  Select rope, right click the animal and select unhitch. Done...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Zalxis said:

You can actually un-hitch one single animal from cart/wagon.  Select rope, right click the animal and select unhitch. Done...

I will try again, but this is how I first tried unhitching and it took me a bit to think of unhitching via the vehicle.  As I said, all my animals are bridled, so I wonder if that makes a difference.