Sign in to follow this  
Pingpong

Rift redo/reversion :)

Please return rifts to 3 waves only and stop mobs from teleporting, this has done nothing to "enhance, make more fun, or add to the pleasure" of rifts, but has instead served to annoy, aggravate, and waste the time of 95%+ of the players I have talked with at rifts.

For example, the typical rift: wave 1+2 take 15m, wave 3+4 take 90m+. This is HORRIFIC game balance not to mention design.

Why should I bother showing up to anything but wave 4 for the journal ach which is what most people attending rifts need. Why are rift mobs so incredibly difficult to hit even with good to great combat skills? What was the reasoning for giving rift mobs 100CR ? When summoners don't teleport away from us at rifts and we can kill them without needing to chase them down at least once or twice, is this a bug or a feature? When will rifts be revisited/fixed/done?

Edited by Pingpong
  • Like 21

-1 to teleporting mobs.. seen regular bunnies, summoner bunnies, doggos, everybody teleport.. unsure if I saw a warmaster pop once - IT'S WEIRD.... (fogspiders: Hhahahahahha) ... 😒

3 waves are more than enough.... 4 waves and the massive spam of creatures makes that ... a ... show.. last night rift here took a decent time with the big amount of mobs we had last wave.. it's not fun or gives any more rewards for bigger effort :X it only makes it more boring.. as bashing things for 2 hours and doing nothing different kind-of-sort-of.... makes it dull

Edited by Finnn
  • Cat 1

4 minutes ago, Finnn said:

-1 ...

+1 We are now neutral again ;) 

i must admit rifts are the worse, between the fact they only give points (no random rewards anymore or am i just plain unlucky?!), takes forever, are poorly balanced... heck, i could go forever on why the new rifts are worse than the old ones and those were already less fun than the test server ones.

So yeah... +1... fixitfixitfixitfixit!

Just now, Odynn said:

i must admit rifts are the worse, between the fact they only give points (no random rewards anymore or am i just plain unlucky?!), takes forever, are poorly balanced... heck, i could go forever on why the new rifts are worse than the old ones and those were already less fun than the test server ones.

So yeah... +1... fixitfixitfixitfixit!

I never get items now either.. nor recipes.... 

and the points we get... it's for the old NON-improveable shoulders... useless trinkets IMO, I'm still waiting for few more years to get such to improve them.. existing or just new ones.

I don't have much points, I don't get to go to many rifts for the obvious spawn timing.. and time they take to do with traveling and doing the event... but the items in rift shop for me is absolutely useless for other than decoration, at least as points I don't have to toss them around

Maybe.. we could get old rng distribution of loot back and if we do not like the thing we have gotten.. to be able to sell it at mailbox or mail it to system account, get partial rift points recharged.. to be able to buy the bits we want.. while at it.. when an item spawns in player inventory by rng or w/e.. rng..  put creator tag on the item.. so it can not be reimbursed for points or create a sinkhole by coin-spenders buying any for 15copper.. to superdcharge their accounts with rift points.... that way.. if you are the 'creator'(rng receiver of the reward - you can sell it, if not.. unable to sell it back to the system and only option to make use of it without wearing it ... is to sell or destroy it.. shatter/altar/trashheap/lava/decay/throwing-it-around-all-day at creatures until it breaks...) 

Rifts are long, boring, tedious, and frustrating. I stopped bothering to go to them, because they simply aren't fun.

I wish Wurm was better at demonstrating "hard" and "challenging" are not the same thing.

C'mon guys, get creative!

• Like 3

have to agree, casters/summoners teleporting every time at 50% heath and every other time at 25% health second time is just ANNOYING.

Ridiculous amount of mobs required to kill while you only need about 70 hearts to close the rift is absurd too. think last time me and a friend closed the rift in duo.. We killed a total of about 400 mobs in the rift. This is ridiculous amount to kill for basically no rewards (0.25kg lump each lol). They do not drop no rift items no more too, that was implemented same time as the rift points were added so you buy from the shop. On top of that, closing a rift in duo gave about 200 (?) rift points, when the most basic shoulder pad needs 600 pts lol. No more rare+ shoulders possible to get too. Those mobs dont even give skill gains compared what you would get killing 400 trolls. Its just proper annoying unrewarding time wasting "event" they became. 

I would really suggest cutting the mob count significantly - 150 mobs per rift is more then enough. Remove mob teleporting - this adds no challenge at all, just annoys the participants. Also i have long suggested making the rifts to give fixed amount of moonmetals that would get split evenly depending on participants number, alike you get drake/scale in the way. 

• Like 1

Rare to see the community so "on the same page" on one issue, but yeah I agree as well, 4 waves is just insane. Rifts scale to number of players anyway so at 4 waves that's a lot of wasted time for nothing but a journal goal. 

+1 please redo rifts 

• Like 1

+1 yeah make rifts less time consuming by 30-50% and little bit more rewarding, maybe add 30 min sleep bonus and 500-1k karma beside the lump and the points

+1 Make wave 2 a little bit more difficult and remove wave 4.

The warmaster turrets were kind of nice touch, at least a step in right direction.

Same with the rift camps at random locations (although I have not found one myself as of yet, other people have). But I feel those camps could be expanded further, given a better purpose to find and destroy them other than the materials.

What if.. for every camp the players shut down before the actual rift opens, there will be less mobs to slay?

Or have the camps have some one-use blades or throwables that instant kill a rift ogre or something.. or something that helps in the final battle somehow?

And maybe some spell or tool to locate them, I mean *cough* Xanadu *cough*...

The 4th wave is unnecessary, we had just the same "fun" standing and waiting for them to die off with 3 waves. Now it just lasts longer... which nobody really needs. I mean, you only need 60 points for the highest level, but the end scores are usually just a little shy of 200.

• Like 1

+1 to 3 waves.

Can understand a fourth wave only when opening up portal to Jackal.

dump rifts entirely and give us goblin invasions like we wanted forever

• Like 1

I've completely stopped going to them since the update. 4 waves is just... hard on the soul.

• Like 1

The rewards have become exceptionally poor. The only reason to go at this point is a contested rush at the rift mats and the minor social aspect.  

Spoiler

Oh also that really asinine rift goal.

Edited by nygen
  • Like 1