Sign in to follow this  
Caroc

Meteor locate

I've found one nice high ql meteor so far and I wonder how many will just rot as noone finds them out there in the wilderness. So add a Magranon spell to locate fallen meteors

Can be cast on tile or enchanted on pendulums

Tile cast locates all within radius scaled by power of cast - like reveal creatures. Type of meteor can be revealed by cast.

Pendulum enchantment locates nearest meteor within radius scaled by enchant power - like lurker. Lower function vs priest tile cast intended.

Radius could be same as lurkers or a little smaller to give some challenge to also explore some to find meteors.

Give mag priest another useful enchant and tile cast gives the priest an advantage for finding - either way be nice to see Mag get more utility.

don't meteors leave a giant glowing light where they are that you can see from anywhere in the map?

15 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

don't meteors leave a giant glowing light where they are that you can see from anywhere in the map?

pretty sure thats only if you play on potato settings.  there was a meteor a few weeks back that sme was pointing out but i couldnt see any lights until we were super close to the direct area and i play on higher settings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caroc said:

I've found one nice high ql meteor so far and I wonder how many will just rot as noone finds them out there in the wilderness. So add a Magranon spell to locate fallen meteors

I like that anyone can find meteors.  I like that the only requirement is a willingness to explore and adventure, that even new players and casual players can have a go at it.  The mere fact that some meteors may decay away is not a valid reason to give an advantage to a particular group.

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Could be wrong, but it seemed to me that the light only lasted as long as the rite did.

• Like 2

The meteor only show light when it's dark outside. And it keeps giving light after the rite.

I just leave em because they're pretty and I don't need em  :)