Sign in to follow this  
PlagueB

Glacial and salve of frost and frostbrand questions

I have been breaking my head around a following scenario:

High ql large axe with frostbrand 90+ enchantment and 100 salve of frost imbue

2x ring and 1x necklace (all ql90+) with 90+ glacial casts

Would glacial boost the damage of salve of frost since its now cold damage?
Would there be some sort of penalty for having salve of frost and frostbrand on same weapon?

Just a brain teaser. It would take me too long time to have this tested in the field so I was wondering if someone already tried it (toxin, fire work in the same way)

54 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

yes

no

Thanks. Ok so I would get a dual boost from glacial, on both frostbrand and on salve of frost. Would this weapon then make more damage than fully enchanted bloodthirst one?

That would depend on the opponent.  Speaking in PvP terms for a moment, you would *wreck* someone wearing scale or chain.

But it would work in PVE vs npcs also right? Glacial would in theory boost the now changed damage of the weapon through salve of frost?

It's a good question because something is preventing the 'elemental' dmg (enchants) to do the advertised 33% damage, like some resistances on most mobs/npcs.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:19 AM, PlagueB said:

Thanks. Ok so I would get a dual boost from glacial, on both frostbrand and on salve of frost. Would this weapon then make more damage than fully enchanted bloodthirst one?

I already have tested that and i didnt noticed any more signifiant dmg to the monster. And didnt got any valuable info on it.

Some only say it do Frost wound and this is the only change. I would assume its harder to heal frost than bite wound... but who cares in pve. Troll cant heal frost wound maybe so when you add more frost wound with salve of frost it just cant heal anything...?

But my weapon is mostly useless with salve of frost...   Also you loose Demise that is adding 3% dmg on whatever you choose. human,monster,animal or legendary.