Sign in to follow this  
kgorski

sleep bonus bar not scaling correctly

i have extended sleep bonus +1h by loyalty marks and +1h by journal, and if have 5h or more bar looks full. It shouldns show full only when i get 7h of sleep bonus?

iHhi3X8.png

• Like 1

I could've sworn that Sleep Bonus technically caps at 5 hours and anything added ontop of that is bonus.

So for it to show full at 5 hours would be correct, since this is the maximum you can earn via Sleeping in a Bed or with Powders.

I mean, even when there's a server issue and we're granted SB for that down-time we're given 5 hours or sleep bonus, as is the "maximum".

So unless that was changed at some point to be higher. I don't think that bar should show any differently just because you've added "bonus SB because of reasons X or Y"

Edited by Zera

9 hours ago, Zera said:

I could've sworn that Sleep Bonus technically caps at 5 hours and anything added ontop of that is bonus.

So for it to show full at 5 hours would be correct, since this is the maximum you can earn via Sleeping in a Bed or with Powders.

I mean, even when there's a server issue and we're granted SB for that down-time we're given 5 hours or sleep bonus, as is the "maximum".

So unless that was changed at some point to be higher. I don't think that bar should show any differently just because you've added "bonus SB because of reasons X or Y"

You can now increase your 5 hour natural sleep bonus cap by +1 hour through The Winding Road journal tier and another +1 hour through the Loyalty Marks Shop so you can accumulate up to 7h naturally if you have done both.

4 hours ago, Chromega said:

You can now increase your 5 hour natural sleep bonus cap by +1 hour through The Winding Road journal tier and another +1 hour through the Loyalty Marks Shop so you can accumulate up to 7h naturally if you have done both.

Well sure, but those are additives. Not something that you necessarily "Accumulate" but something that's "Added as reward" for doing certain things extra.
You couldn't get 7hrs from spending time in a bed, is what I mean.

If that bar was shifted to accommodate those 7hrs don't you think there'd be an awful lot of "I was offline for a week+ and my SB stopped at 5hrs! What gives? My bar shows I still have room to earn more! I should've been offline long enough to get all 7hrs, surely!" ?

Especially with the Steam Release coming soon and all these new players that are expected to join in. I feel it would be a bad idea to change it just to adjust to showing these "Bonus Methods" ontop of what you can naturally get from doing "non-extra" things.

Edited by Zera

33 minutes ago, Zera said:

If that bar was shifted to accommodate those 7hrs don't you think there'd be an awful lot of "I was offline for a week+ and my SB stopped at 5hrs! What gives? My bar shows I still have room to earn more! I should've been offline long enough to get all 7hrs, surely!" ?

I think you're overthinking it, Zera. All that's being asked for is for the sleep bonus bar to fill based on a percentage of total possible bonus, rather than a percentage of 5hrs. It wouldn't look any different to anyone with the usual 5 hour cap, but would prevent it looking full to anyone with a 6 or 7hr cap as soon as it hits 5hrs.

I can sleep in a bed and get 6 hours of sleep bonus since I have finished the journal part for it.

Have the game change the sleep bar a different color and calculate percentage instead for people over 5 hour cap so you'll know its different.

1 hour ago, nicedreams said:

I can sleep in a bed and get 6 hours of sleep bonus since I have finished the journal part for it.

Have the game change the sleep bar a different color and calculate percentage instead for people over 5 hour cap so you'll know its different.

See that's where I misunderstood.
I wasn't aware that these were "More SB Cap" rather than just "One time Bonuses" sort of thing.

Is there any update for this or plan to correct it? Journal entry gets you 1 HR permanent and marks store gives you 1 HR permanent max sleep bonus. Seems like this would be a relative easy fix by pulling the data on load up and adjusting how it calculates based on if they have normal, mark reward, and journal reward.