Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Coins in coffers once more

As Gawain has closed his topic, I want to stress that the mechanism of coin pools stays incomprehensible.

I have experienced weeks of "no coins in the coffers" three times so far, first in January, 2018, when I was a new player, and selling a lot to the token. The situation persisted for 2-3 weeks, then faded. Next time, not that long, was end of December, 2018, short after Shrimpalong. It ended aroung new year 2019. Though I may be not regularly following the coffers situation, it appeared to me that a short shortage (pun intended) appeared mid 2019, but only a few times during a few days, happening a couple of times per day, being gone and reoccurring later. That one "felt" like a normal buyout of the coffers coming and going. The other ones which had occurred, and now occur again, last the whole day, no matter which daytime. Playing a lot during different times I am well able to tell so, especially as I  was always curious about the mechanics. Maybe some smaller occurrences have slipped me, but certainly not these "hardcore shortages". 

A hypothesis OR once uttered in discord which made sense to me was based on the observation that cash you withdraw from the bank shows differing stages of damage, and may age and decay in the coffers. Now that this money is circulating all time, it may be that it has lifetime cycles as have, e.g., tower guards if not killed by mobs or players. And the spawn of tower guards has once been synchronized due to server hiccups of sort, and creates guard mass deaths by end of lifetime since. It could well be that there were mass emissions of coins at a point in time, causing "mass death" of money from time to time.

Under all circumstances, the recent situation is unnatural. I tried to test by adding a few coins to my (lavishly supplied) upkeep fund, but that did not cause any change in the "no coins" situation. Ok, this could well be work as designed that a change in coffers balance is not reflected immediately at every token. But some clarification would be welcome.

Note: This is all referring to Xanadu server, though I heard about similar occurrences on some (not all) other servers at those times as well.

Edited by Ekcin

I had them close it, my question was answered as to the coffers... Just wanted to share that here so there can be a maybe a continuation here with out someone having to search for it.  Cause I did ask about it.. and was confused between many ideas, that was told to me over the years.. and wanted to get correct information. Ok that being said. carry on.

• Like 2