Sign in to follow this  
ShadowsKin

New player looking for work

Hey everyone I’m a newer player looking to find my place and get going strong. I am set up in southern Release but have a ship and the ability to make deliveries. I’m looking for anyone in need of mainly bulk materials but any jobs that a few week old toon could do I would be interested in. Let me know if you have some work for me and I would be glad to make a deal!

Don't have anything for you at this time. But we have a pretty active group playing on Release just north along Spawn Lake a bit next to Saint Absy Cathedral. If you ever need anything please dont hesitate to ask. 

New player, with a boat AND able to make deliveries of bulk mats?

Wow.

I am six months in, have two boats, and realistically still can't deliver bulk mats because I can't load/unload.  Unless I spend a huge amount of time moving bricks from one container to another about 7-8 at a time, that is.

Well done.

Well, checking my records, I found that it took me about 10 weeks from absolute noob state, and 4 weeks from prem, to get to 23.01 body strength. And as an absolute noob I certainly did not take the most efficient way to get there, being occupied with a lot of things like new deed and mine, house and boat building etc.

And the player wrote "newer player", not brandnew one. I would have called myself "newer player" even after a year, and had a knarr and a caravel then.

Thank you I noticed after I posted it may have been in the wrong spot. I'm not able to load/unload yet but I did acquire a corbita and have crates in it

If you want to improve your strength I need dirt removed and you can keep the dirt for free and I will supply large crates free also if you want them.i am on deli server.and have a deed so no worries about critters and will feed you full meals of ccfp as needed the deeds name is annapolis landing.ease let me know if you are available

16 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Well, checking my records, I found that it took me about 10 weeks from absolute noob state, and 4 weeks from prem, to get to 23.01 body strength. And as an absolute noob I certainly did not take the most efficient way to get there, being occupied with a lot of things like new deed and mine, house and boat building etc.

And the player wrote "newer player", not brandnew one. I would have called myself "newer player" even after a year, and had a knarr and a caravel then.

Nothing like that for me.  I admittedly had a slow start due to accepting an invitation to a village that was basically a ghost town, where I had almost no permissions.  Most of my skill grinding seems to have been in areas that didn't also do a whole lot of strength improvement.  I also do a lot of exploring travel, so my time seems to go there instead of swinging heavy tools.  I have been in a busier village for maybe 3 months, and now that I have time for grind bulk mats like bricks, I have finally seen some strength improvement.   

I was genuinely impressed that a player "a few weeks old", as they described it, had managed to get to loading strength, but see their follow-up about that.   

9 hours ago, ShadowsKin said:

I'm not able to load/unload yet but I did acquire a corbita and have crates in it

It seems like your situation is similar to mine.  I have been given full and free use of a corbita with crates.   Light bulk material is fine to transfer, but I have found that moving heavy stuff like a thousand bricks 8 or so at a time is a real drag (double-entendre entendred).

Bump. Finished my first job and looking for the next, feel free to message me if you have something 

Excellent worker had him remove dirt from deed.would use again of needed 

ShadowsKin upheld his end of an agreement to do some work for me at an agreeable price.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:12 AM, TheTrickster said:

New player, with a boat AND able to make deliveries of bulk mats?

Wow.

I am six months in, have two boats, and realistically still can't deliver bulk mats because I can't load/unload.  Unless I spend a huge amount of time moving bricks from one container to another about 7-8 at a time, that is.

Well done.

I am here 3 months, and I do own an armada, can do deed removals. 😉 :P  @ShadowsKin If you consider moving to South Ind, I could help you settle a bit and get some grip on the game. :)

Edited by Platyna