Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Random disembarkment from cart when exiting caves/mines.

Posted (edited)

Several times now I and others have been randomly disembarked when exiting a cave/mine. Happens both on and off deed and with and without the involvement of mine doors. An earlier post on random cart disembarkings was labeled fixed. Is this a new cart or cave bug? (No pun intended) ;) I should add this also happens on steep hillsides.

Edited by Katrat

34 minutes ago, Katrat said:

Just happened again! *sigh*

We regularly get forced into a disembark right after teleporting.  Could this be a factor for you?  If so, our fix is to relog.

It's not always just after teleporting and relogging is all well and good if you haven't been disembarked on a very steep incline. Which is what happened to a friend of mine. We ended up spending all night trying to get his corpse back from the very bottom of the mountain we were on. 

Ok I'm an idiot...I just realized I posted this in the WU section and not WO. LOL  Sorry about that.

it's ok, we all know the WU section is more friendly and helpful ;)

Moved to the proper section :) 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I assume that relates to the general dismounting/disembarking bug the devs refuse so far to comment on or to give an ETA for fixing.

Generally, it mainly happens when leaving/entering caves and taking sharp turns, or taking sharp turns when riding/driving even outside caves, or when such behaviour happens due to lag or delayed sync to server for other reasons (movement catching up when syncing). It has caused death and inventory loss for scores of players and is utterly nasty. I would highly favor a status message about this bug or complex of bugs.

Edited by Ekcin
addendum