Sign in to follow this  
Arathok

With our Own Hands RPVPVE (PVE Focus) 3x3x

THE IDEA:
This Wurm Unlimited server project is my attempt at doing something for the gaming community and building something big online. Best thing that can happen is a community of players finding new friends."
This is a server open for everyone who is looking for like minded players, enjoying a round of wurm  or finding new friends to play with and build something meaningful together and serves as a place where you can retreat from the stressful life and dive into the world of Wurm and be whoever you want to be.

THE TLDR:

This project is not particulary designed to be hardcore, but the stacks are against the player when you are starting out. To do good damage you need to hone your item skill of choice ( you can use almost anything as weapon now) and your fighting skill. The quality of your Weapons and Armor are important as well! The DUSK combat mod completely overhauled fighting! (read the mod entry for more details) Lets say it like this: you wont be able to fight even a rat in the beginning. Morrowind Style!

There is already a few people signed up and all of them are super friendly. If you are planning on doing some RP yourself introduce your character on the discord!

THE MAP:
The Map is a 4096x4096 custom map designed by Count Zero and has geological spread ressources. Which  means you will find no olive trees in the northern colder regions! Likewise you wont find gold and silver, where there is no mountian, and some metals are only regionally available. (There is a little bit of everything everywhere though!)
Spawn is in the Capital City and we highly encourrage you to stay with us, but if you want to go out on an adventure, by all means do so! As ressources are spread far and wide, we will need settlements and outposts!

Server Features:

-Open PVP out in the wilderness PVE around and in Deeds
-Light RP: Local and Capital City chat try to stick to a certain character Global and PMs: Off character away!

- Custom 4k Map
- X3 Skill, X3 timer

- 22h field growth timer, crops protected from overgrowing.
- 10% Aggro, 30k Animals (going up systematically)
- Free living in the Capital City and one guaranteed plot of land, mining and foresting in the Public Forest/Mine as long as you add to the City you are welcome!
- Meditation Fixed (normal WO type skill gains)
- All deities available for everyone

- priest restrictions (Unlimited Prayers per day, but at least 20 minutes apart, other restrictions, named in the wiki to your selected faith apply -> still need to figure out if gains are fair, feedback wanted!)
- Bounties and burning corpses for Karma!
- Treasure Map Hunting!
- Get your/one crafting skill to 50 and get a free Merchant!
- in-game meetings
- Events

- Evolving Map as in-game Map (shows tile changes accordingly, updates once per day)
- Economy based on wurms prices (HIGH QL > Item numbers) If you are a hunter you can get money by killing mobs!
- Friendly GMs and community!

- optional Discord: https://discord.gg/cDraB6f

Start:
- All Skills start at 1.
- Characteristics start at 18.
- Starter Gear - Basic Tools

Modlist:
- announcer
- bagofholding
- betterdig
- betterfarm
- bountymod
- BountyOnBurn
- BulkOptionsMod
- bulkseparated
- buyermerchant
- creatureagemod
- cropmod
- discord relay
- DUSKcombat
- Doorbell
- eventmod
- hitchingpost
- inbreedwarning
- Location Command
- moonmetalmining
- PickMoreSprouts
- roll
- servermap
- Server Tweaks
- skillmod (Meditation)

- spellmod
- starter gear
- taxidermy
- templar replacer
- timerfix
- Treasure Hunting
- waxed food

EDIT: 1 Month has gone and so far the capital city grew but we also have some deeds popping up here and there!
Why don't YOU join in on the fun?

sTqLfPK.jpg

Edited by Arathok
1 Month anniversary

Shouldn't this be in the mixed section then if it's both Pve and PvP? 

Or even just PvP, since "out in the wilderness" is all PvP.  Until a player can deed, then, they're subject to attack.  The mixed servers usually have more PvE, with some PvP zones.

Yeah this is Mixed or PvP rather than PVE.

You can get a mod to move it to the correct subforum by using the "REPORT" link and just explain it was posted in the wrong section.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

Moved to the proper section :)

• Like 1

Thanks for moving! Hm it seems people think of this more pvp than we intended it. We intend to have people form deeds so they get a no pvp zone, and since wilderness is pvp you can always flee to your deed and at most you will lose your inventory but not your buildings. Also we try to have as many people to live in and make the capital a lively city. In the end the open pvp is just a formality to enable the stealing skills or allow for "bandit" RP characters.
In the end the scale of pvp to pve is always subjective i guess and it depends on the player how to interpret it.
WE thought of it more of a pve with optional pvp since you can perfectly live off a sizable deed. So i posted it in the pve section because i thought the majority gameplay as pve. But mixed is probably the better section. Mea culpa!

8 hours ago, Arathok said:

Thanks for moving! Hm it seems people think of this more pvp than we intended it. We intend to have people form deeds so they get a no pvp zone, and since wilderness is pvp you can always flee to your deed and at most you will lose your inventory but not your buildings. Also we try to have as many people to live in and make the capital a lively city. In the end the open pvp is just a formality to enable the stealing skills or allow for "bandit" RP characters.
In the end the scale of pvp to pve is always subjective i guess and it depends on the player how to interpret it.
WE thought of it more of a pve with optional pvp since you can perfectly live off a sizable deed. So i posted it in the pve section because i thought the majority gameplay as pve. But mixed is probably the better section. Mea culpa!

Since it's not possible to travel, explore, or otherwise enjoy the world without being constantly at risk from hardcore PvP players, I think this is unlikely to appeal to anyone who loves to explore but hates fighting other players.  Also, 99% of the fun for me is that we're usually able to go off into the world and build our own settlements up gradually, not feel like we have to stay in a big city environment.  Just my perspective.  Any world where it's impossible to explore without PvP is going to feel like pure PvP, even if settlements are safe.  If I spend weeks skilling up or earning money to get a great weapon, then lose it the moment I leave my camp...just not worth it to me. 

Edited by Batta

4 hours ago, Batta said:

If I spend weeks skilling up or earning money to get a great weapon, then lose it the moment I leave my camp...just not worth it to me.

I think thats a bit of an extreme take on WU PvP, especially for a new server with a low population.  Maybe for WO PvP that has developed for many years and has the culture of raiding, etc. But with WU, a blend of PvP and PvE is achievable if the right attitude and culture is developed over time. I've been on servers that had succeeded in having this positive outcome with PvP aspects. 

12 hours ago, Arathok said:

thought of it more of a pve with optional pvp since you can perfectly live off a sizable deed.

You have to be careful when you mention PvP at all because people can be very turned off to the idea of it without understanding what your definition of PvP might be. I have seen this model of a server called pseudo PvE,  or PvEvP, to emphasis the server is mostly PvE. I think you have a really interesting start up and I really like your server name. Good luck :)  

edit: also maybe think about  closing this thread and restart an new one  if you don’t want all of this off topic chatter in your thread since none of this has to do with your actual server/reviews. 

Edited by WittleBunnBun
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, WittleBunnBun said:

I think thats a bit of an extreme take on WU PvP, especially for a new server with a low population. 

Lol, you may be right.  It's possible that my friends and I have just been really unlucky in our experiences with PvP servers and found the worst of it.  

On 5/19/2020 at 5:36 AM, Batta said:

Since it's not possible to travel, explore, or otherwise enjoy the world without being constantly at risk from hardcore PvP players, I think this is unlikely to appeal to anyone who loves to explore but hates fighting other players.  Also, 99% of the fun for me is that we're usually able to go off into the world and build our own settlements up gradually, not feel like we have to stay in a big city environment.  Just my perspective.  Any world where it's impossible to explore without PvP is going to feel like pure PvP, even if settlements are safe.  If I spend weeks skilling up or earning money to get a great weapon, then lose it the moment I leave my camp...just not worth it to me. 

You may be right about that, its my first crank at this so i dont know the dos and donts. For me death is part of the experience, and if there are players who are better in fighting than me obviously is houldn't have gone alone or undertrained.
We installed the Dusk combat mod, which enables you to flee at any time (since swinging costs considerably more stamina now) or tanking (defensive fighting costs less stamina per swing and you swing not as often) so you can out stamina you foe if needed. As the name implicates, we try to be a community of self found players, so if we loose our beloved ql50 or higher sword, we forge a new one as it only helps practicing and honing our skills. 

Staying in the capital is not a requirement and actually nod good! Our ressources (trees, ores) are globally spread (olives grapes cheries copper ) is all on the southern lands while some ressources are exclusive to the equator or north zones. So we will need to make villages to trade with them. The Capital City is intended to be a place you can live in until you are ready to go out on your own adventures. Maybe i should make the introduction a bit more detailed? what do you think?

On 5/19/2020 at 8:58 AM, WittleBunnBun said:

edit: also maybe think about  closing this thread and restart an new one  if you don’t want all of this off topic chatter in your thread since none of this has to do with your actual server/reviews. 

Thanks for the wishes! i actually enjoy the off topic chatter. Learning something new every day!