please

Edit:

OVERALL

SO WHAT IM SEEING from this debate

MAKE IT LESS AFK IN GENERAL

-Changes to amount of faith given?

-Maybe less people needed?

-Make it more grindable?

-or just make the alts 2s again and revert again (maybe cap faith at 30 faith or something so less abusable idk)

-less miserable in general its not "making it easier" making it less afk as yall say WURM ISNT afk SO WHY ARE SERMONS

-rare altars statuettes more useful?

Edited by Beastwolf
  • Like 4
  • Cat 1

Maybe give prayer reset with only 1-2 listeners, but no faith gains from them?

• Cat 1

Just now, necroe said:

Maybe give prayer reset with only 1-2 listeners, but no faith gains from them?

yea or flat out make people worth more faith and less chance alignmetn will mess it up

No...  This just sounds like a good way to manufacture priest alts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

as if 99 channel priests werent sold for 50s?... priests have an always will be alts they are flat out boring and even less priests with combat spell changes nobody wants to be one.

RIP new players who want 100 faith and dont have a core group (that dont want to sit afk at a sermonjerk for 2 months)

Edited by Beastwolf

14 minutes ago, Beastwolf said:

as if 99 channel priests werent sold for 50s?... priests have an always will be alts they are flat out boring and even less priests with combat spell changes nobody wants to be one.

RIP new players who want 100 faith and dont have a core group (that dont want to sit afk at a sermonjerk for 2 months)

I'd like 100 weaponsmithing; can I get that easily too? Hey, how about that 100 meditation?  You'll get faith 100 before you hit meditaion 70 even without regular sermons.

More seriously though, priests have not always been alts; and won't be if the devs continue to develop that aspect of the game.

1 minute ago, Etherdrifter said:

I'd like 100 weaponsmithing; can I get that easily too? Hey, how about that 100 meditation?  You'll get faith 100 before you hit meditaion 70 even without regular sermons.

More seriously though, priests have not always been alts; and won't be if the devs continue to develop that aspect of the game.

well your examples are poor. Weaponsmithing you grind, meditation you dedicate timers and still use tools. Sermons? you afk as long as you can near an altar in a disease zone. Poor counter argument, maybe make it a challenge but something better than afk fishing 2.0

• Like 1

100 faith isn’t the big skill with priests. That’s channeling. 

+1 to making smaller-scale faith gains viable or making sermons less of a pain (make smaller groups worth it, or make it where you don’t have to schedule your time slot to preach). (sermon life sucks)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Beastwolf said:

well your examples are poor. Weaponsmithing you grind, meditation you dedicate timers and still use tools. Sermons? you afk as long as you can near an altar in a disease zone. Poor counter argument, maybe make it a challenge but something better than afk fishing 2.0

Actually, meditation is a perfect mirror to levelling faith without sermons.  Capped ticks, rugs being comparable to altars...

Honestly; it sounds like you just want a shortcut to make utility cast alts (heals, strongwall, teleport, and genesis being popular candidates; none of which need high channeling).  Channeling isn't really that hard to grind early on, and the only reason to really push it up high is for enchants.

35 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Anybody can be you or better; same thing for crafting accounts.. as long you get high enchanted tools, sleep powders and time.. you can outpace anybody using less and grinding less daily.

What is the actual point to grind many priest accounts now with absolutely no value to anything, you can make 5 new priests every month or 2.. as it is currently.. but you have no use for them, can't sell them, and it's cheaper to buy new ones to extend your faith or other grind after the 2nd month... it's just odd cycle of washing alts through the priesting gring mechanics.

• Like 1

Also, what’s the big deal with manufacturing priest alts? They have to be paid to be useful and with no more character selling, there’s really no point to grinding a ton. Meditation you can do wherever you are. Faith you have to get a big group of people/alts stuck in 1 location. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Actually, meditation is a perfect mirror to levelling faith without sermons.  Capped ticks, rugs being comparable to altars...

Honestly; it sounds like you just want a shortcut to make utility cast alts (heals, strongwall, teleport, and genesis being popular candidates; none of which need high channeling).  Channeling isn't really that hard to grind early on, and the only reason to really push it up high is for enchants.

No.. you pray - you get a tick.. no matter the size; meditation is rng ###### that just annoys you if you do not get any gains for 5 or 10 tries through the day(again bad example..)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Finnn said:

No.. you pray - you get a tick.. no matter the size; meditation is rng ###### that just annoys you if you do not get any gains for 5 or 10 tries through the day(again bad example..)

Save that meditation can also be influenced by tool QL and CoC; therefore it roughly evens out.  The RNG elements, when calculated correctly using the right type of mat at the right QL are not too bad.

Either way, this is a bad idea and shouldn't be implemented as it just pushes priests further into the alt category.  Want casts?  Go trade a priest for it, or pay the price yourself.

Edited by Etherdrifter
-Closing remark

If you want to have sermons, you need a community. In my alliance we decided to move all priests to one deed when we wanted to grind faith, we still do the same whenever we get new players trying to grind up. You shouldn't be able to pay your way out of making friends in a game that is primarily (in my opinion) about building communities: villages, alliances and kingdoms.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Save that meditation can also be influenced by tool QL and CoC; therefore it roughly evens out.  The RNG elements, when calculated correctly using the right type of mat at the right QL are not too bad.

Either way, this is a bad idea and shouldn't be implemented as it just pushes priests further into the alt category.  Want casts?  Go trade a priest for it, or pay the price yourself.

wrong again, now they even added rug rarity bonus. making gains insane actually i started using a supreme for grumpyman. rare statuette... altar? priclessssssssss

• Like 2

Would be interesting if they just merge regular character and priest as one .

If you want to do things against your faith you can turn priest option off , but can not turn it back on for 24 hours or more ..

Rare alters giving more faith should be a option same as rugs for med ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

But it absolutely isn't a perfect mirror at all, unless you planned to undermine your argument from the get go.

Meditation is a long process that doesn't impact your abilities, instead offering boosts to reward long periods of diligence with no downsides.

Faith is interweaved to the entire point of a priest from the ground level. There are a large number of things you cannot do if you don't get a fairly decent faith number, and it's why 100 is always almost a requirement for a lot of priests.

Sermon system could defo use some working, even the 2s alts is a good way around it.

Sermons are trash, I'm almost done with mine and I gotta say it's one of the worst systems. Remove prayer cap and be done with it, use sermons for some other benefit that gives a buff to the listeners so the preacher doesn't have to beg people to come.

• Like 3

meh.. have all priests capped at 100 faith, so i dont care and i will give it -1 lol as sermons always were this way and they should remain. Want to grind fast? buy regular premium to 10 alts and you done. Nothing comes cheap and easy :)

17 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

meh.. have all priests capped at 100 faith, so i dont care and i will give it -1 lol as sermons always were this way and they should remain. Want to grind fast? buy regular premium to 10 alts and you done. Nothing comes cheap and easy :)

By that logic, no more updates should come because the game is the way it is now. That's the most garbage logic I've seen in a while

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John said:

If you want to have sermons, you need a community. In my alliance we decided to move all priests to one deed when we wanted to grind faith, we still do the same whenever we get new players trying to grind up. You shouldn't be able to pay your way out of making friends in a game that is primarily (in my opinion) about building communities: villages, alliances and kingdoms.

This. I don’t think any changes should be made to circumvent gathering together with other people to skill up. Too many aspects of Wurm are grossly independent as it is. We need more things that promote gathering together! And since when has 100 faith actually been hard for anyone to achieve?

• Like 2

thatd be great joelle if it worked that way but in reality its some guy bringing his priest to your deed to afk and doesn't talk to you nor does anyone cause THEY ARE ALL AFK, sermons an afk skill. Wurm has an afk skill. Afk. Fact.

• Like 1

faith grind should not be alt spam creation or forced socializing system... think where your deed is.. do you usually have 10 deeds around you or look for somewhat your own place on the map with less to nobody close to you to evade specific situations from even emerging when it comes to resources in local, etc.

Forcing ppl to cooperate isn't perfect... with the current system it's just incomparable to grind faith on your own - that is the reason buch of people skip sermons and just slap a few alts to grind faith on their own instead. 

Not to mention(I am actually) that working fellas can't stand around an altar and sing combaaya all day long and start a sermon every 3 hours around others and follow a sermon order actively. It's not how world works.. it's how sermons force people to play.

• Like 2

As Finn said there's a difference between A) Working with other people together because you have a common goal in mind. You could do it solo at a more difficult pace or together for better rewards

vs B ) Doing it because you realise doing it solo is an insane amount of work and are forced to adapt your skill grind to only a specific approach because the game doesn't provide any other options. There's min/maxing/meta/finding the best way to do something but at least earning it for yourself and then there's the game limiting options to just login to be afk. This really reminds me how afk the old fishing system was. I used to just queue up 7 fishing actions and vacuum the room for 10 minutes. Queue up again then wash dishes.

If anyone came into my house those days and asked me what was I doing, would it make sense if I said "playing a game" when 99% of the time clearly I wasn't.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Madnath said:

By that logic, no more updates should come because the game is the way it is now. That's the most garbage logic I've seen in a while

You got it wrong. My point is gaining faith should not be made simple. As with any other skill in wurm, getting to 100 is insanely hard. Sermons require groups, ppl gatherings, some order. thats what its for in the end. ofc, another option is to do it solo (as most would prefer) but that requires having prem alts, that aint cheap (thats why ppl suggest bringing 2s alts back - cost). Now, in the end, you can get any priest 30 to 100 faith alone in about 1.5-2 months time. that only requires you having some 6-10 alts. If you dont want to coop with others, buy prem to these alts that would cost you what? 100 quid? and you done in 2 months. Aint got the money? - coop with others. Simple as that. 

Oh and BTW, rare altars increase sermon faith gains per listener too. So part of the stuff OP is requesting is already in game. Gota know the facts be4 requesting ;)