Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

add a way to opt out of combat items being ql scaled

since the patch where 1ql = 20ql or some garbage, shield skill grinding has taken a huge hit due to the ql being curved up for shields, but the damage they take isn't, which leads you to being forced to use a 1ql shield at higher skills when in the past you could have used a 20-30ql shield that can take some hits, the 1ql will get broken insanely fast, i've had a 1ql shield go from 0-100 dmg in under 30 seconds against a traited troll. please add a way to opt out/make the skill check use the base ql not the curved ql/make the curved ql also reduce the amount of damage the shield or whatever take.

• Like 8

+1 i am thinking the same.

Or they can just add another set of items with prefix "starter" or whatever like that, that scaling can work only of them, if there's not another way

• Like 1

Made a post in the update thread and sent a pm. I purchased Dridmar 3ish months ago and the account has 99.999985 skill and I've yet to gain a tick and I've fought 200+ trolls and too many hellhounds to count and haven't gain an overall shield tick or LMS shield tick. Used aff pizzas and sleep bonus for it all. Not only does it effect shield skill gains but I also stopped gaining BC as well so I don't know if it scales to body stats as well. 

+1

• Like 1

+1 used to use a 40ql forever to hunt now i have to carry a 10ql shield at 97 and its lame sauce

• Like 1

It's insanely f**** up that we have to use low ql items to skill a combat skill considering we use high ql weapons to skill those up.  Why can't skillgain be the same for 90 ql shields and ql 20 shields? After all the skill tick should be applied on a succesful block and that's it. Should encourage players to improve their shields and not run around with mouldy pieces of wood just to skill up. 

+1 anyway

• Like 3

changing the way skill gain works for shield might be better then adding yet another half hidden/system thing to wurm.

either that or a toggle whatever 

+1

No first-hand experience of whether the mechanics quoted are true, but given that I trust the judgement of the OP in such matters, and other names I see upvoting this:

I'll take this as fact, and I support the suggested fix as relatively simple to implement, with no foreseeable negative consequences to anyone, and no foreseeable exploits from my perspective.

• Like 1

bump

can we at least make it disabled on pvp so if people really want they can do it on chaos? any kingdom worth their salt will gear their players up and the QL scale really doesn't do anything on chaos anyway, at least allow us grind shields there