Sign in to follow this  
Polosc61

anti macro?

anyone know of an anti macro mod? possibly one that boots a player after a set amount of afk time?

hmm.. you want anti-macro mod, meaning the player is not afk, but doing actions on macro. then you want to boot afk players after set amount of time mod, meaning you would still leave macro players online, as they are not afk. So what do you really want? 🙄

Edited by Skatyna

We're looking for a mod that essentially renders auto-clicker macros fairly useless.  The easiest way to approach this would be to count the amount of time player position has not changed and issue a warning (configurable message preferred) when the time reaches the configured length.  The warning would then begin a countdown - also configurable in length - before either entering an "away" state where actions cannot be performed or simply auto-kicking which can also be configurable for one or the other - or both.  Essentially creating an "afk" and/or "boot" timer.

Auto-clickers are easily detectable by logging a player. There is no mod that exists for this. Any attempt to write a mod would just be counter-acted by existing cheat mods. i.e You write a mod that says afk period enters after X time. I change my bot code to move forward by X/Y position every X seconds/minutes, etc. No one writes these mods because they can easily be bypassed once the source is released for public use.

• Like 1

on topic, as Ayluin said no matter what you do if it is released public then it will be countered very easily.

Kind of off topic, why do people use autoclickers or even that mod that basically plays the game for you?

Maybe people want gain without actual effort, maybe they want to feel like they are better than someone else, who actually did put in the effort?

What reward is there for people who use macro/bot?

they gain skill while they do other stuff?

Is that a game issue that people feel they need to gain skill without putting in effort?

Why don't these people play on a 100x server where they can hit 70 skill in minutes?

Many questions which I for one don't know the answers to and it is probably different for each person any way.

End of the day it is pretty much impossible to stop, I would assume most mouse macro things are basically doing mouse clicks which is what a person would be doing, so determining if it is a person or a macro would come down to the time between clicks and so on and not the actual input itself. As for movement, as a player I could stand still for an hour at a forge, I keep everything close to hand and not have to actually move, I have 4-5 things open on screen and just move stuff around when I need to, so just detecting movement wouldn't work anyway.

I think it used to be part of WO or maybe it still is, fatigue, where if you play for to long then you gain no skill, this approach can work of course but at the same time a player who does actually play for a long period of time would be negatively impacted.

Maybe another approach would be a skill gain cap per day, can only gain X skill in each skill a day.

I am sure there are many ways to approach this issue but detecting if someone is using a macro would only work part of the time, it would be something a GM would need to go visit the player and basically watch them to try to determine and then it still isn't actual proof anyway. I recall many years ago a GM asking me about someone doing something weird and they couldn't work out how the player was moving stuff around and crafting and such without an event message appearing for the moving. That is something you would only know if you played 2 chars at once, even though everything is written in event window for yourself it doesn't broadcast everything to other players around you.

Well that is just my 5 cents worth anyway.

• Like 4

I can see and understand all the points addressed.  Dealing with the issue manually honestly isn't difficult at all to test.  Simply moving the character away from objects they're interacting with is enough to see the avatar flinch periodically when trying to perform the action.  When they stand there doing that for... well in our case about 12 hours, it makes it pretty obvious.

12 hours would need to be more than a clicker thing, would run out of stamina long before then without drinking, eating isn't so bad as you fast eventually anyway but water, that goes low and stam regen goes to nothing. Not many things a char can do for that long, praying would be 1 which i don't think is affected by stamina but the pray skill itself is pretty much useless, so would come down to the server faith gain cool downs and max ticks a day.

Most other stuff uses material or fills inventory.

At which point you're talking about using WurmClientHelper or the WurmBot which is public on the forums, which is honestly just as detectable as there is no variation for delays released (yet). But even with smaller logs, it is detectable fairly easily using the logs from Powers > Log and parsing them into excel.

uvDw5m9.png