Sign in to follow this  
Whane

An idea to be fair after significant changes to Wurm

I'm a returning player, like most people here, I.E. I don't play all the time without a break. I just returned from a break and digesting all of these changes, so many that the game feels like it is in Beta... all of this to appeal to Steam? Okay fine, I guess. But I see that you changed follower bonuses too for all remaining gods, but only offered free god swaps for priests? Why not for every follower? And why did that free swap expire on May 1st? Because someone was not playing during the magic period in question therefore too bad?

It took me some time to decide on a god and when I did decide it was for primarily the skill gain bonuses offered by Vyn, more specifically, the characteristic skill gains because they are a pain to raise. Now I return, after May 1st, not even a priest, and following a god that has been gimped imo, at least for my usage. You make these changes... you should have sent a free swap token or something to all characters that were following a god, a token they can use at anytime, just once. Instead you put all these restrictions on it and too bad for anyone that wants to change and reset their faith, because the time they spent doing that isn't as important as the time a priest spent... and is still not important if s/he did not login before May 1st and learn of the change in time.

The swaps were for removing the player gods, if you were a priest of a Player Deity that's what the swap was for. So that you could maintain your faith and switch to something like Vyn/Fo/Mag instead of one of the removed Player Deities...

Far as I am aware no huge changes were made to the original deities and their followers, only that the Player Deities were removed.

Changing your faith as a follower is much faster than that of a priest. We also mentioned it in a newsletter.

The option was available for three months, and we provided significant notice to players about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Changing your faith as a follower is much faster than that of a priest. We also mentioned it in a newsletter.

The option was available for three months, and we provided significant notice to players about it.

Yes, you guys made it perfectly clear that my time is insignificant, unless I'm a priest. And 3 months means nothing to players that are on Hiatus from the game which is quite common when someone plays for years and years. But you are fine crapping on my premium time because it's less premium time than what was spent to reach priest right? So therefore my time does not matter, right?

And I don't subscribe to your newsletter, nor should I feel the need to constantly be on alert so that I can scramble whenever you decide to make changes like this during my down time from the game.

You spent $10,000 for a view campaign in an attempt to get more players but wont send an in-game item to your EXISTING players that follow a god. This is common for MMO publishers to do, when they change character stats. buy hey it's okay right, screw the current player base because you have a Steam campaign underway. What did the CPA look like for that $10K? Did it turn out well? Meanwhile you toss out the referral program because you don't like how existing players are using it for alts? In with the new, to hell with the old. Right? What a sour experience this is to return to.

followers also got free swaps you just missed the deadline for it

its literally a few days of prayer to hit 20 why does it matter so much

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

The window is for those actively playing affected. 

I know it's difficult, but ultimately given the situation we cannot address the concerns of every current, and past player in ensuring that our changes don''t leave lingering issues. The simple reasoning behind this is we want the duration of changes to be across a limited window, with major changes followed by a short time window for those to change. Once the window is up we can move on and focus on larger projects.

As a follower your bonuses are still strong, the only thing vynora has lost is the bonus to every single characteristic, which was spread out. 

Feel free to read through the discussion about our reasoning behind it all here:

If you've not been playing for a while I suggest spending time catching up on whats changed and why, it's incredibly important as otherwise you feel like things have just been changed for no reason, when we spend a considerable amount of time discussing the reasoning behind changes with the players. 

As a follower your bonuses are still strong, the only thing vynora has lost is the bonus to every single characteristic, which was spread out... we cannot address the concerns of every current, and past player in ensuring that our changes don''t leave lingering issues

You read my original post here right? So you see that the "thing vyn has lost" was "the thing" that made me choose her. You're trying to downplay my complaint as an excuse to dismiss it. You already dismissed it though when you came up with this policy and the reason, according to what you just said is because you think your paying customers are not worth it, both current and past customers.

If you've not been playing for a while I suggest spending time catching up on whats changed and why, it's incredibly important as otherwise you feel like things have just been changed for no reason, when we spend a considerable amount of time discussing the reasoning behind changes with the players. 

And I have already been catching up, 5 pages worth of beta state updates and bug fixes going back to May of 2019. You think I'm here posting because I don't know about this update? Weird that you would think that. Also I never got my "little something" that I was told I would get for going through the process of getting Wurm included on the list of "now playing" within the Discord APP back in October 2017, because you were certainly not doing it. That's not why I did it of course and I didn't expect anything, until the moment you said I would get something. No comment on the CPA eh? ;)

@Oblivionnreaver since a "few days" of lost time means nothing to you, message me so that I can direct your actions in-game for the next few days, you would do what I say, in the same way Retrograde is telling me what to do, spend more time doing what I already did at my expense. And since I've not been offered compensation for my loss of time then neither will you, for those few days. It's only a few days right? So no big deal for.

You chose vynora to get 10% more body/body.str/body.control/soul/soul.str and soul.dept?

You're the first guy I see in this many years to do that, really.. 

11 hours ago, Whane said:

Oblivionnreaver since a "few days" of lost time means nothing to you, message me so that I can direct your actions in-game for the next few days

[2020-05-14] [01:30:17] Faith increased by 0.2941 to 25.6652

I actually just swapped deity on an account and am currently grinding up to 30 faith myself! we can keep tabs on each others progress if you want, my pm's are open😃

Just a side note for those who are planning to return and that may be off for you if already repremmed:

Any nonprem toon can be raised to 30 faith and only need to do the 5 prayers per day. Also for the bonus it is enough to go for 20.