Sign in to follow this  
ddrosler

Cotton Items for Bandaging

Hello simple suggestion that may or may not have been brought up already. Please don't let players use any cotton item to bandage a wound, especially if it has enchants on it. Accidentally had a puppet activated and bandaged a wound without realizing it, and honestly don't know why it's even an option to do that. Things like tents, mediation rugs, cloth armour, etc... shouldn't have the option to firstaid, or at least have a secondary window asking the player to confirm so players don't accidentally lose their items. Thanks :)

• Like 1

To be honest I also happened to make a similar mistake once, using a rare puppet while hunting. I forgot the puppet active and bandaged a wound. RIP rare mag puppet. But it's a mistake we need to have since when in dire situations it's good to have the option to first aid using any cotton item. Just like in real life you can rip the cloth out of anything in an emergency to make a tourniquet.

Yeah I can see why it can sometimes be needed, it's still frustrating nonetheless. Even burning cotton items can be annoying, I can see why it's allowed but there's not much you can do about it if you don't realize your mistake right away. 

The issue might be time sensitive. You might have a lot of mobs on your trail especially if you're on a slow cart or wagon which tends to eventually create a pack of spiders behind you. Worst case scenario you end up using your tabard to quickly get back to 20% health. If a drop down menu would be included or a pop up window, it might eat up a second or two and prevent you from bandaging in time. At best we could perhaps have an option to toggle off or on certain features in game ( like spider phobia mode) for first aid.