Sign in to follow this  
HughMongus

Stolen FM Cave Canal Entrance Marble Braziers REPLACED

Gud day friends in the Wurm Community,   May 10th, 2020 at 13:14 GMT

Someone in the past week has Stolen the Marble Braziers Navigation Lights that mark the entrances to the FM Cave Canal.

... and before someone asks.. no they did NOT decay, because myself and others are repairing and maintaining them on a regular basis every month.

Heritage Protected Places may NOT be altered without the permission of the GM Team and those Marble Pillar Braziers are a part of that GM protected site.

Head GM Enki and The GM Team required that they be installed as part of the granting of Heritage Status many years ago.

Why? Because their flame is visible from up to 50 Tiles away at night, helping folks find those Canal Entrances when it is dark.

These Marble Pillar Braziers perform a vital Community Service in helping folks find those Cave Canals at night and also by day.

So........It would be appreciated if who ever Stole them would do "the right thing" and put them back ASAP.

Your petty Theft of these vital Navigation Lights IS causing great inconvenience to ALL and your actions are not in the best interest of the Wurm community.

Do the right thing, put them back.

Respectfully submitted,

Hughmongus

Co-Adminsitrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Co-Leader - The Albia Consortium

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction
  • Like 7

+1

Got no idea who would do this. Hopefully you can put them back. Thanks.

• Like 1

+1   always someone looking for free stuff .

Or had no clue what they are for .  

• Like 1

Hoping they are returned/replaced with out issues.

• Like 1

can't GM's protect them so they cant be removed or some ?

only asking, cause we ran into a GM protected Olive tree on our deed on Exodus  last night :) 
either way sad some people can't think far enough to understand there's a reason they are there. :( 

• Like 1

Wait, I want more info on this heritage olive tree. I have so many questions.

In all seriousness, I hope you do find your braziers.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 1

If we speak about those close to the Freedom Docks... actually they might have just decayed.

More than a year ago there were two of them on top of the cave and they have been damaged (I wanted to fix them then forgot). Few weeks ago there was only one with quite high decay (>80%) so I left it, no premium at that time so I could've done more harm than good.

I'm not sure how the tiles protection work in the heritage sites, but here are also 2 information signs, one of them (the left one) has 54% damage, so I can assume that the other one and the braziers as well are out of the protection there.

• Like 1

I don't use the canal, but I'm willing to either make 2 or supply the parts for 2 more to be made.

If I make them, I'd need someone to come pick them up and deliver and SECURE them.  I'd also like the locals to be sure they stop by and repair them if the area is not deeded.  

If someone else would like the skill for making and improving them, I can supply the bricks, gold and mortar to have them made.

I'll need some time to make the parts, so just let me know how you'd like to proceed.  

Heritage sites are not protected from decay so the community needs to help out by either repairing or having essential entrances and exits deeded.

• Like 3

Just now, Alectrys said:

I don't use the canal, but I'm willing to either make 2 or supply the parts for 2 more to be made.

If I make them, I'd need someone to come pick them up and deliver and SECURE them.  I'd also like the locals to be sure they stop by and repair them if the area is not deeded.  

If someone else would like the skill for making and improving them, I can supply the bricks, gold and mortar to have them made.

I'll need some time to make the parts, so just let me know how you'd like to proceed.  

Heritage sites are not protected from decay so the community needs to help out by either repairing or having essential entrances and exits deeded.

Gud'morning Alectrys,   Wedsnesday, May 13th, 2020 at 12:53 GMT

Thank you for that offer.  Zorako put them in long before "Securing" was an option, but those of us who used the FM Canal would usually check on them when ever we passed thru.  I believe "Securing" came in shortly after he passed away back in 2018, can not be certain of the exact date, sorry.  But non of us ever secured them.  ... sigh

I have 93 Masonry, but zip Jewelry skill which is needed for the braziers.  So I can imp them up to 80 QL which would give very slow decay.

So I will make them if I can get my hands on x4 braziers as there was a a pair at each end.

I am also going to offer two pairs of 70-80 QL small 1x1 white roofless marble buildings, a pair at each end.  With the Brazier sticking up thru the roof, they would illuminate the area at night and the white buildings would make a good visual target,  a mini Lighthouse, to find the canal by day.  Like the Lighthouse I made for the NW end of the Elysian-Crystal Canal, they will be set so anyone to enter and refuel and relight them.

And yes the GM's are investigating this thief.  Who know perhaps they will be pro community and supply pair of braziers for each end.

Food for thought,

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

2 Marble Brazier Pillars complete and waiting for pickup at Sinuous Straits on Indy - on Fog Lake just north of the Western Deserts.

I have them in the horse pen there, so if you let me know who is going to pick them up, I'll give them access and loading permissions.

They only came out quality 24, so you have a bunch of improving to do.

Maybe someone else in the community can assist with the other two needed.

• Like 1

I have to check my gold supply but ill donate the other 2. Ill be by to pick up your 2 in about 30-45 mins  Alectrys =)

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dragonelle said:

I have to check my gold supply but ill donate the other 2. Ill be by to pick up your 2 in about 30-45 mins  Alectrys 😃

Permissions set for you.  Thanks for the pickup and assist.

• Like 1

Should add them to top of 1x1 , less chance to get removed .

But make sure you can get inside to repair them ..

• Like 1

Gud'morning Alectrys, Dragonelle and friends,

Thursday, May 14th, 2020 at 15:01 GMT or 08:01 PDT (GMT -7)

My thanks to Alectrys and Dragonelle for donating two each of the Marble Brazier Pillars needed for this project.

Thanks to Dragonelle for collecting Alectrys's pair and dropping them off at my place along with her pair yesterday afternoon, because when I am Wurming from my Paramedic day job, I can not travel.

Would not be cool to have to log off to answer an emergency call out whilst giving a Troll a well deserved terminal migraine.  He might bite me...

My wife brought her Priest over for a visit and Blessed all four of them.

For Damascus... Yes they will be placed inside x4 Roof Less 1x1 70+QL white Marble Light houses.

I have found they illuminate the surrounding area just fine from inside a Roofless 1x1.

They will be "Secured".  The building will be Open to Everyone so folks can get in and repair them.

(which means the buildings can also double as a Safety Hut.)

They will be on a Paved Slab floor so that they auto on and off and never need refueling, now that they are Blessed.

After may hours of work, I have accomplished this    http://prntscr.com/sgrczx

From 73 to 76.6-8 has taken me just over 30 minutes, so although good skill gain, with all those damage and repair fails, I have hit the point of diminishing returns and increasing frustration. hehehehe

Currently I am imp'ing four Iron Street Lamps, (Blessed) to 70 QL.  These will be used as New side road entrance lamps at each end, to replace the Torch lamps which appear to take decay faster off deed then Iron Lamps.

Appreciate the support of all who have helped on the project.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Maps of Indy

Co-Leader - The Albia Consortium

• Like 1

Gud'morning folks, Friday, May 15th, 2020 at 09:19 GMT (or 02:19 PDT)

Job is done,  Two new 1x1 lighthouses at the west side entrance to the FM Cave Canal.

http://prntscr.com/sh8kgc   FM Cave Canal West Entrance by Day..

http://prntscr.com/sh6gqt     FM Cave Canal West stolen braziers replaced and installed in 84 QL  Marble lighthouses.

http://prntscr.com/sh8icu     FM West at Dusk.

http://prntscr.com/sh8j3j     FM West Distant, brazier flames only after buildings are suppressed by distance

On the East side, due to the close proximity of a bridge could only squeeze in One Lighthouse

http://prntscr.com/sh7mu0    FM Cave Canal East new lighthouse, no room for 2nd light house so doubled up on its Brazier Pillars.

A day time distance check showed the Flames are still visiable at 80 tiles out.

http://prntscr.com/sh7p2h    FM Cave Canal East, more distance view

The Buildings are open to all, so folks can pop in and repair the braziers, as well as the Street lamps. 

My sincerest thanks to all who helped to restore the night lights to this valuable community transportation resource.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

• Like 2

PS:  Forum Mods, the work is done, so can you please Lock this Topic.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

• Like 1