Sign in to follow this  
Darianna

Fishing..cant craft?

Hello..

i dont knowe if i can get an answer here but i will try :)

I was trying yesterday to make me an fishing rod...but it fails and i dont know if i makle a mistake or there is something broken?

i have made a fishing rod...they says it is empty...and i cannot do anything with it... so i have tried to craft a basic fishing line. the wiki says activate hand and right click string...mhh no...when i do that there istn anything with create

What is the error here? I have made a string of cloth with a spindle and cotton, than because iu have thougt it was not good enough have combinens 2 strings togehter...but i cant do anything with the strings..ewhat is the right way to make these fishing line? All infos on net are outdatet and the wiki wont help

What error are you getting? If you failed, the string might not be .20 kg anymore, try combining 2.

Crafting is usually easier in the craft window than the right click method. Hand is one of the buttons next to the left ingredient. Add the string to the right ingredient.

Edited by Kelody

For fishing you would need a fishing rod, a reel, a fishing line and a hook.

I would advice starting with light fishing reel, light fishing line and a metal hook (linked in the above line).

You place your reel in your rod, your line in your reel, your hook in your line. You can alternatively place bait on the hook and a float in the empty float slot.

6 minutes ago, Darianna said:

No... a fishing rod is what i have....and what i need is a fishing_line ( https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Fishing_line ) and these i cant craft

For the light fishing line you would need a basic fishing line and a spinning wheel.

For the basic fishing line you would need your hand and a string of cloth. Open either your crafting window (to the left of slot #1) or your character sheet (bottom right corner) to activate your hand.

Hope this helps. :) 

Don't need a reel for basic Rod. Though it's much easier to learn to fish with a net.

I have my hand activatet....have tried it with both...than right click on the string of cloth...but all what i can do there is examine...drop and so...NOT create 😕

Im very confused. There is a screen

https://imgur.com/a/Xt2Avhm

Edited by Darianna

That is not your hand activated. Try the one in the bottom right corner of character sheet.

MCgYQUv.png

Method #2:

Y1RbAZH.png

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 1

Aaahhhh....thats help.... thx

Now i have the fishing line :)