Sign in to follow this  
Zera

Planters & Woad

According the wiki I should be able to plant Woad into my Planters, however the option isn't available.
Is there something I'm missing?

Is this a Wurm Online feature only, as I'm on Wurm Unlimited attempted this with no results.

The Woad has been previously stored in a bsb and I thought maybe that had caused something funny with it so I waited until after a server-restart to try again. Still no luck.

Any assistance on the matter would be great, thanks.

6 hours ago, Zera said:

According the wiki I should be able to plant Woad into my Planters, however the option isn't available.
Is there something I'm missing? ..

I can only tell that since woad became plantable, I am doing it, just activating the woad in inventory, then using either right click or PLANT keybind (same as for all seeds and herbs). Both always worked. Woad is staying alive a few days longer than all the other herbs. The woad also stems from bsb, the first I planted well 18-24 months old, from my first steps in Wurm.

I would recomment a support ticket.

Edited by Ekcin

6 hours ago, Zera said:

Is this a Wurm Online feature only, as I'm on Wurm Unlimited attempted this with no results.

Think you are right here. The change for allowing Woad to be planted has only been made in Wurm Online, not i WU. 

However, there are mods for WU that allows planting of Woad and others. 

2 hours ago, Oluffus said:

Think you are right here. The change for allowing Woad to be planted has only been made in Wurm Online, not i WU. 

I was afraid that was the case when the Wiki said it was possible but in-game it wasn't.

Shame really, but we will make due. Thank you

2 hours ago, Ekcin said:

I can only tell that since woad became plantable, I am doing it, just activating the woad in inventory, then using either right click or PLANT keybind (same as for all seeds and herbs). Both always worked. Woad is staying alive a few days longer than all the other herbs. The woad also stems from bsb, the first I planted well 18-24 months old, from my first steps in Wurm.

I would recomment a support ticket.

It's amazing how you fail to completely read something and jump to chime in.

Wurm Unlimited. NOT Wurm Online. Please be sure to read everything before you continue to jump to answers and comments. There is no "Support Ticket" to be had in WU....

2 hours ago, Oluffus said:

Would it be possible to add a Note or something to the Woad on the Planter page stating that this is a WO only thing.

This way no one else goes "wth" when trying in WU. Haha

48 minutes ago, Zera said:

There is no "Support Ticket" to be had in

That's not correct. /support works in WU as well, and if you are playing on a WU server you should expect support from a GM person. 

However if you are playing WU single player you would not get much response to a support ticket. 

Wurmpedia is generally based on WO functionality, and we intend to keep it up to date with any new functionality as soon as such are added to WO. 

As Many WU servers are heavily modded, those can include functionality/features that are beyond WO and such is not in Wurmpedia either. Some WU servers even have made their own Wiki for documenting local functionality. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Oluffus said:

That's not correct. /support works in WU as well, and if you are playing on a WU server you should expect support from a GM person. 

However if you are playing WU single player you would not get much response to a support ticket. 

Wurmpedia is generally based on WO functionality, and we intend to keep it up to date with any new functionality as soon as such are added to WO. 

As Many WU servers are heavily modded, those can include functionality/features that are beyond WO and such is not in Wurmpedia either. Some WU servers even have made their own Wiki for documenting local functionality. 

Yes, using /support works to contact a GM of the WU server. But it does not connect to a GM or Developer or Code Club on an Official Level.

Which is what I am certain was the intention of the comment in the first place.

Considering that this is in-fact on my own WU server, /support is useless in this way. :P

While I understand that the wiki is intended for WO and WO's functionalities, it is still used by the WU community as the code is very similiar. It's only difficult to determine what is or isn't available in WU because there is nothing stating otherwise. So most people take everything said in the Wiki as available for both games, because well.. They are the same game right? (As stated by many WU players who would argue against WO mind you, I'm well aware there are several actual differences)

A new tiny-icon or tag that signals something is true for WO Only, would help a lot in terms of differentiating what did or did not make it to WU vs WO officially. (Not Modded)

Edited by Zera

4 hours ago, Oluffus said:

I agree (did not see that the original post applied to WU indeed). I would support though that, as far as possible, functionalities added after discontinuation of WU support (which I still consider an unlucky move) and not applying to unmodded WU vanilla servers might be marked in Wiki. Still the Wurm sphere widely remains one community and that should be upheld, where not by the company, at least by the players.