Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Client no longer recieving packets from server

i think i posted about this some time ago but couldn't find it, but quite often my clients will at random stop receiving packets from the server. i can still do actions and everything but i will not get any feedback on the client. it's quite a frequent occurrence when running 3+ clients and quite often won't fix itself until you relog, at which point the old client will reconnect and fight the new client for who gets to be the client thats still there.

In this video, you can see that silakka is stuck in a refreshing loop because he's "disconnected" but in reality the client is really just not receiving updates as to what's going on, as you can see when i converse with my alt, but only one side is getting the messages. Silakka is freely able to continue doing actions while in this state of partial disconnect, and i often ignore it until i need to clear inventory or whatever. They're both on chaos at the time of the video, but i've had this happen to me on every single freedom server in the past. It's very frequent for me in areas with lots of people and i often have to reload my client every 20 minutes or so during pvp to make sure it's not happening, which is a massive annoyance.

Do you happen to know an exact time that happened/timezone you are in to help us track down the cause?

Have you checked if in these times you've had packet loss?

I get similar behavior ~4x times a YEAR... but alt+f4.. and restarting the game 'fixes' the hiccup client state

Happening again on silakka, while mining.

[15:59:21] Current server time: Sun May 10 07:59:21 CEST 2020 around 1 minute before this it started

b995765cb4a67d03c2033bc5ebcba72f.jpg

still happening to date. Server is sending out "lost link" within two seconds of the client no longer receiving them so it really seems like the server is cutting connections for some reason, but the client doesn't get the message until another client opens or the character leaves world.

6098b703e8b346f90e3f6e70592ff0ed.jpg

still a problem. silakka was frozen for about 3 minutes at this time, as always all of his actions go through to the server instantly, he can send messages to other people, instantly loses link when i close the client, everything outbound still works, it's only inbound connections that aren't happening as always. 0% packet loss, ping is steady to the server when this is happening.

I'm so glad to have found someone else that this is happening to.  I thought that it was just on my end. But this same exact thing keeps happening to me, too.  Regardless of the time that I log in (normally around 8PM PST to 11PM/12AM PST), I get stuck in this loop and there's nothing I can do about it.

Edited by LovelyMama

Has happened to me and a friend recently. On my alt I just left it and it came back. I will do update on details next time it happens.