Darklords

PvP Discussion #1

Recommended Posts

lol okay then, I remember it as a red puppet ūüėú

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meant for this to be here....

 

This Idea is for with Local being removed from game.

 

Depending on tracking skill something that indicates someone is in your local.

 

example with 30 tracking skill

 

  • You start to track.¬†
  • Local list pops up within a 30 tile radius. 1 Tile per skill.
  • in5qrmQ.png
  • you click the person you want to track
  • the Beastwolf is North east of your location.

Make it so tracking only works above ground

 

Make it so Tracking has a Decent timer 10-20 seconds and can only be used every 2-5 mins.

 

@DarklordsThoughts?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hemrzz said:

Meant for this to be here....

 

This Idea is for with Local being removed from game.

 

Depending on tracking skill something that indicates someone is in your local.

 

example with 30 tracking skill

 

  • You start to track.¬†
  • Local list pops up within a 30 tile radius. 1 Tile per skill.
  • in5qrmQ.png
  • you click the person you want to track
  • the Beastwolf is North east of your location.

Make it so tracking only works above ground

 

Make it so Tracking has a Decent timer 10-20 seconds and can only be used every 2-5 mins.

 

@DarklordsThoughts?

I like this. Would make tracking actually useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hemrzz said:

This Idea is for with Local being removed from game.

 

Depending on tracking skill something that indicates someone is in your local.

So local still exists, only now it's behind a skill wall?

 

Having another "must have to PvP" skill doesn't sound too great to me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrokenSanity said:

So local still exists, only now it's behind a skill wall?

 

Having another "must have to PvP" skill doesn't sound too great to me. 

 

you forgot to mention the rest. you cant spam it. you cant see all of local as it dependant on your tracking ... Having a "must have" skill for pvp makes it worth while.. 

 

How many MUST have skills do you currently need for pvp???

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have to agree that having another "must have" skill to pvp isnt gonna help. Also, that must have skill has to be high, talking like 70-90 high as anything less than 50-60 tiles is useless as you can visually see further anyways..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tracking skill would just let those that can play this game 12+ hours a day have an advantage.  Then you'll have alts all over the server just for checking locals like they do now with stealth.

 

I think all PvP skill focus should be from core actions that mean something FS and weapon skills and then the others like body stats you gain from deed building.  Being pretty much forced into having to skill crap like meditation to get SOTG is retarded and one sided.

 

Would like to see 4 meditation paths that are PvP focused and then PvE can have 4 non-PvP focused paths.  Give us some kind of balance between different PvP path skills for some special abilities or stat boosters.  Other MMOs can balance this type of stuff so don't know why Wurm can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nicedreams said:

Tracking skill would just let those that can play this game 12+ hours a day have an advantage.  Then you'll have alts all over the server just for checking locals like they do now with stealth.

Awarding a player for training a skill is kinda the whole point, no?  The alt argument is valid, but at least this would require effort put in by alt users. Hell, extreme abuse could be solved by banning those alts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jore said:

Hell, extreme abuse could be solved by banning those alts.

 

What is an alt? if i have 10 premium characters i play all with 80+ tracking and all have their little mine they reside and log in every now and then to do a bit of tracking, maybe mining  few shards.. why this character of mine should be banned? what rules would i break? 

 

thats the thing.. ppl suggest some stuff and then it needs 50 rules to cover all the possible "exploits" with that. thats not the way to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jore said:

Hell, extreme abuse could be solved by banning those alts.

I am always against this, because we don't need more arbitrary ways to ban people. Why would having someone pay for a premium, skill up a character legit, and then using that skill AS INTENDED be reason to ban someone? If the skill is intended to locate people, and the player skilled his account to locate people, why would him locating people result in a ban? What kind of shenanigan is this?

 

Stop suggesting bans as a legitimate option. No, it isn't. Get out of here with that ######!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now