Sign in to follow this  
Skorvold

Custom Map Animal Spawns

Anytime I load up a custom map for my server, animal spawns seem to just fill up the ocean, often spawning out in the middle of it, is there anyway to prevent this?

You need to run the rebuild-dbs.bat after loading a custom map otherwise you end up with all sorts of anomalies like landsharks and trollfish.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Skorvold said:

Anytime I load up a custom map for my server, animal spawns seem to just fill up the ocean, often spawning out in the middle of it, is there anyway to prevent this?

Yep. What Ayluin just said.  🙂

That definitely got it. Now I'm having a problem where after I set my character as a GM the server denies my connection, stating that the server isn't ready.

What does it say in server.log though

might be good to mention that you host with pingperfect as this affects how people will answer.

I managed it on my own, thank ya'll though. Sorry to ask for help so much!

We keep getting this message [11:37:24] You have died on the Arena server and your items are kept safe. and our equipment takes 99 damage when we die. What setting causes this? Also, on respawn it gives us the option to go back to the PVE server. Using wyvernmods and pingperfect.

Edited by Skorvold

You have the Arena module enabled in Wyvernmods and this option is set to true:

#disableOWFL: Disables players from dropping items on their corpse on PvP servers. This option will have no effect on PvE servers.

# OWFL = Open World Full Loot. This option is designed to make a PvP environment where players do not lose their inventory on death.

# This option essentially operates by making an always-functioning resurrection stone apply to every player that dies.

disableOWFL=true

#resurrectionStonesProtectSkill: Players with a resurrection stone will not lose skill upon death. Affects both PvE and PvP servers.

• Like 1

I disabled the entire Arena Module yet we're still getting equipment degradation on death.