Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Is anyone at the current rift on Xan?

I'm looking for a path to it from the Whitefay area. I should add that I'm traveling by cart.

Edited by Katrat

As was discussed in Freedom chat yesterday;

There should be a tunnel between Darq falls and Darqness, however it's exact starting location is unknown.

There are two paths between those deeds leading to the mountain between them, so it's a bit of a guess.

Players also may need permission from the deed owner - which is either @AJBlackor @Yldrania; I got mixed messages on that - to mine from the Darq Falls deed to the top of the mountain where the rift is.

Given the terrible location, the fact the deed owner of Darq Falls most likely hasn't been online for quite some time and the fact that this proofs that the old approach of being in and preparing the area as fast after the moment a rift has spawned, instead of arriving last minute works a lot better, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to just keep this one open until it auto-closes.

Although I don't know how long that might take.

Thorin :) 

• Like 1

they never despawn

send a mag priest up with goat shape and stamwiches and summon people?

• Like 1

They must eventually despawn or at least advance in progress because with no one there it's on wave 3/4 according to my mission tab. Unless it's a glitch/game feature.

10 minutes ago, Seriphina said:

They must eventually despawn or at least advance in progress because with no one there it's on wave 3/4 according to my mission tab. Unless it's a glitch/game feature.

They do not. What happens after a time, is that they age and die. That was frequently the case on Epic. In such case, only saccing hearts from other rifts, or source, is the way to progress to the next stage. That is work as intended. On Epic, there were at times rifts open longer than a year. Even now, they are not really fresh. Check Niarja.

What actually did happen was that Januszram had climbed up and finished the first two waves.

Edit: I understand well that Yldrania does not want rifter crowds stomping through her deed and pens. Of course, she has not the least obligation to do so. Anyway, she might consider perhaps to lead a single priest/ess through to the rift area who could then summon other priests and a combat team. It would be in the interest of all Xanadu players to get the rift closed. 

Edited by Ekcin

I was told about the situation with the rift via Discord by @brattygirland @Madnath. I did, in fact, purchase the deeds on the mountaintop, when I bought out AJBlack last November. However, I have disbanded most of her deeds and these are only still standing because I haven't been able to move everything down yet. I've got all my characters on Celebration where I actually live, once I have everything moved over I'll see if someone else wants these deeds. Either way, I'm responding to let you guys know that as much as I'd like to support you, the time is currently really bad. I moved in the end of February and haven't been able to play much since due to connectivity issues (anyone with any of my chars on their friendslist can check this). Due to the COVID-19 quarantine restrictions, the company isn't sending someone to repair the damages and fix the issues, so I'm not able to connect unless I'm super lucky.

UPDATE: I have managed to log into the game and unlock the house I was told is blocking people from entering. I have unlocked it for everyone to pass. I don't know how well secured the deeds are permission wise, but I have champion animals on it and Trolls in the house that leads to the rift. So please, LEAVE THEM ALIVE. That's all I ask. Leave my animals alive. If I can be of further help please let me know!

If I can assist in any other way, please let me know, but keep in mind that I LIVE ON CELE and I DID NOT BUILD THESE DEEDS, I just bought them with the stuff and chars that came with them, so I dont know the surroundings very well or can give you history or anything because I just don't know, myself. Feel free to PM me here or on Discord (can find me via Wurm Official Discord) if you need anything.

EDIT: In response to @Ekcin, I have no problem letting people pass as long as they leave my hostile creatures alone and don't kill them on the way, so all good there. But I appreciate the consideration ❤️

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 3

Thanks @Yldraniafor sorting the gate permissions, you can lock it up again. This was one the flattest rifts I have ever done btw

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Shmeric said:

Thanks @Yldraniafor sorting the gate permissions, you can lock it up again. This was one the flattest rifts I have ever done btw

Thanks for letting me know! I'll leave it for a few days in case someone got stuck up top and logged out. 

Edited by Yldrania