Sign in to follow this  
koroth

Muzzle for Hostile creatures

So, yet another idea....

create a muzzle that can be put on tamed hostile creatures so that breeders/riders can untame them and still be free from being attacked. This would also prevent ridden hostile creatures (crocodile, Hell horse, bears) from getting attacked while out in the wild. This would make the other ridable creatures a bit more viable and fun to use.

• Like 2

YES! I love the muzzle idea. Maybe instead of a bridle for a hell horse? @Retrogradeaccidentally killed my hell horse, Phoenix, the other day. I can ride them without taming because I’m a Fo priest, but what good does that do if people can AFK nearby and accidentally counter-attack them to death? If my branded hell horses could be made passive, I would have such a better experience riding them around.

Hm I'm unconvinced if that fits with the rest of the mechanics of the game to be honest.

well, our idea behind it is to make it easier for breeders to breed the hostile creatures. And even though I know most people don't ride crocs and bears because they are slow, some people find it entertaining to do. Like in Joelle's case, those that ride hell horses (could also work for unicorns so they wouldn't have to remain tamed to be ridable also) don't run the risk of losing some of their favorite animals. Awen (my wife) has the goal of riding a champion unicorn, and it would be devistating to have it die just because she had to keep it tamed while out and about....

Maybe, but limit to cared (or branded?) creatures only. (So someone doesn’t muzzle the whole server :P )

Edited by LionIX

15 hours ago, Joelle said:

@Retrogradeaccidentally killed my hell horse

Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?

Also, a muzzle would stop a creature from biting, but horses usually kick you to attack? I know there's wogic and suspension of disbelief, but that'd feel like kind of a stretch and more of a band-aid solution.

A more complete answer to this seems to be a system for actual domestication, giving animal taming some more depth and use, and perhaps some synergy with animal husbandry by breeding incrementally tamer generations of wild animals.

A muzzle with charm creature cast on it would certainly help remove the suspension of disbelief...