Sign in to follow this  
Katrat

Repositioning Tokens without re-deeding?

I don't know if this subject has been mentioned before, I didn't see it, but I'm betting it has. At any rate It would be extremely helpful if we could move our token within the existing deed without having to disband and re-deed.

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 6

Yes, it's been suggested and quite a few would love to have this option.

On a side note, it's pretty easy to find these topics if you do a quick search of the forum.

Edited by Seriphina
  • Like 2

agreed because sometimes where u can drop your token may not be where u want it to be due to terraforming problems or other various issues.

• Like 1

I'll add a +1 to this. seems like something to get a little coin back into the coffers

Still holding out hope for this one!

Edited by Katrat

+1 even tho i dont need it, but i doubt it will be changed since it would mess with the "center" of the deed options and such, guess it would need massive deed code reprograming

Would love to see this one added, our deed has doubled in size in the last two years and the Token is now in an area that is semi obsolete now, would be awesome to just pick it up and move it wherever we wanted within the deed.

+1

• Like 1

I can see why some PvPers wouldn't want this, as it would be quite frustrating to have the token whipped out and relocated when a raider gets to it, so there should be some limitation to it.  As in, some kind of silver cost for it, and some kind of long-period cool-down.

1 hour ago, TheTrickster said:

I can see why some PvPers wouldn't want this, as it would be quite frustrating to have the token whipped out and relocated when a raider gets to it, so there should be some limitation to it.  As in, some kind of silver cost for it, and some kind of long-period cool-down.

What about PVE? We just want to move our token to a better spot without having to disband our deed then re-deed and have to reset all those annoying perms! Plus our deed is the alliance capital. Disbanding causes issues! Not trying to cheat or get a leg up on anyone! All we are asking to be able to push the token to a better spot more toward the middle of the deed. That's all! I honestly don't see why it would be such a problem to be able to move a token further into the center of a deed on PVE!

Edited by Katrat

Oh, I am not against the idea at all.  I am 100% in favour of it, but imagine that PvPers would want some limitations.   I was looking for possible objections to such a thing and trying to address them pre-emptively.  

• Like 1

I always assumed the "Token cannot be within 5 tiles of the edge" was specifically a PvP-intended limitation. 

On 9/14/2020 at 3:30 PM, Nekojin said:

I always assumed the "Token cannot be within 5 tiles of the edge" was specifically a PvP-intended limitation. 

It's the same for PVE.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:29 PM, Katrat said:

It's the same for PVE.

🤦‍♂️

I meant that my assumption was that the restriction was added to the game as a whole because of some concerns (real or imagined) in PvP. For much of Wurm's history, the main focus on game development was trying to make the PvP both balanced and appealing, and the majority of things like this were done with the idea of how people might use (and particularly might abuse) these in PvP. Things were done with PvP in mind, and also spilled over to the PvE side of things; changes were primarily made for PvE when PvP changes screwed something up in PvE.

But this is all just supposition and conjecture on my part.

On 11/16/2020 at 6:06 AM, Nekojin said:

🤦‍♂️

I meant that my assumption was that the restriction was added to the game as a whole because of some concerns (real or imagined) in PvP. For much of Wurm's history, the main focus on game development was trying to make the PvP both balanced and appealing, and the majority of things like this were done with the idea of how people might use (and particularly might abuse) these in PvP. Things were done with PvP in mind, and also spilled over to the PvE side of things; changes were primarily made for PvE when PvP changes screwed something up in PvE.

But this is all just supposition and conjecture on my part.

I see what you are saying. It is frustrating that PVE is often subject to PVP rules that have no realistic function on PVE. But the proximity of the token to the deed's border edge is a bit of a mute point for me since moving our token further in to the middle of the deed has no baring on the 5 tile from the edge rule anyway. We want to move it further away from the edge which would add to the distance from the deed border not detract from it. Our problem is not wanting to have to disband and then re-establish the deed just to move said token 3-4 tiles. Which doesn't seem like a big move but it would make a world of difference.

i mean its not really a pvp concern because you can just disband and refound the deed as it is for a couple of silver, and no sane pvper is going to put the token in the outer 5 tiles of the deed even if that was possible, practically all frontline deeds are going to have the token in a mag mined rock pit in the center of the deed which makes moving the token around take hundreds to thousands of concrete and remaking multiple 85+ql doors to fix. it's a nice qol thing but nothing really gamechanging

On 11/16/2020 at 10:06 PM, Nekojin said:

For much of Wurm's history, the main focus on game development was trying to make the PvP both balanced and appealing, and the majority of things like this were done with the idea of how people might use (and particularly might abuse) these in PvP

pve changes negatively effecting pvp happens just as frequently, you just don't notice it.