Sign in to follow this  
dlinacre

Nivellen Academy is recruiting

Looking for up to 4 (update: now 3!) new players to join my village, Nivellen.

xIS8a1b.jpg

I am an old Wurmian, with around 8 years of experience (on and off), and am growing lonely in my existence. I would very much like to provide a free, safe space for new starters to train their skills and learn the ropes, hopefully allowing them to have a good grounding before founding their own deed.  

Nivellen is around 10 minutes walk from the starting area of Haven’s Landing on Independence, on the northern coast of Bearshark Bay (R19 for the in-game map co-ordinates) . It’s on the highway and the coast, and I can provide a pickup service if required. The deed comes with a community sailboat should villagers like to go out exploring (though your own individual one can be made if you’re interested in providing some raw materials as a project). To the north is the established deeds of central Indy, to the east is Haven's Landing, to the west is the large (mostly untamed) expanse of south Indy to explore. Finally to the south is open water and the promise of adventure in the other maps.

You will be provided with your own stylish 3x3 2-storey house, either furnished with the basics (forge, oven, food storage bin, bulk storage bin, chest and a bed) or unfurnished if you’d like the option to do everything yourself. In addition you will have your own private 5x5 plot of land for growing crops along with a small strip for any livestock.

https://i.imgur.com/lkAKVQW.jpg

We have a mine with iron - and a whole mountain to expand into to look for the other ores. Clay, peat and tar is all less than a minute away.

Meals will be provided in a communal crafthall building (still having the top floor built), and you’ll receive a starter pack of seeds to get you going on your own journey to master the culinary arts.

A guard tower is nearby should you get into trouble.

The basic idea is that you come, you have a safe environment to learn enough about the gameplay mechanics and have enough skill points to feel confident you have what it takes to survive by yourself. Then you head out into the wide world with a sailing boat or cart stocked with supplies, allowing another new player to come and learn the same skills you did. However take your time - Wurm is not a game you can rush, so there is no time limit on length of stay; I am open to longer term residents if you decide you’re comfortable.

Reach out to me in game (Daeron) or by posting on here if you're interested in joining.

Edited by dlinacre