Sign in to follow this  
Soluna

Entire Deed Perms

Hellloooo :)

I'd like to suggest adding an option to give a player/group perms for the entire deed, without having to go into options for each building, each gate, etc and having to change each one individually. Having all these options are really awesome, they let you fine tune your deeds with multiple buildings, animal pens, whatever with individual access and I wouldn't want to change those options. However, there are times when someone is a trusted friend (or an alt from discussing with other players), and it would so much simpler to just give them full perms with a single click. I understand alts can be made part of village and handled that way, but if other person is mayor of other deed, I don't see a way to give them access without going thru each catagory atm. I only have a small deed, with basically 3 buildings forming one main structure and it's a pain to allow someone access just to those. I can only imagine how bad it is for people with giant deeds.

Perhaps considered suggestion as a master key for the deed. Instead of getting keyring with individual access to different areas, you are given master key for whole deed. While the current system is awesome as I said, and allows users to minutely fine tune perms as needed, but currently trying to change perms is like jumping in the space shuttle with lights and dials everywhere, when all I needed is a golf cart to get down the street.

Thanks for reading :) Have an awesome day!

• Like 2

I agree the permissions settings could use a bit of tweaking. I'd like to see the customised, player-added roles shown in the permissions for buildings, gates, etc, so I could just assign a role to a person, and they'd have access to all the things I've deemed appropriate.  That's how the vast majority of permissions systems work out in the world these days, so it might be a bit more intuitive for people, as well.

Also, just FYI, you can set friends as "Trusted Friends" (in Manage > Friends)and add that permission to things. Might help you in the meantime.