Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Fletching (probably)not properly using its improve bonuses on tools

For improving arrows, there's multiple bonuses to improve rate in the code that make improving an arrow multiple times easier than improving anything else, but something i've noticed imping hundreds of arrows to 70+ql is that logs will take ql up over 2x faster than any other tools. I'm using a vyn follower with 10% bonus to imping wood, fully imbued 98+ql tools, 100+botd on all tools and 100 imbue on a supreme carver, supreme mallet, and rare file with 95 skill and it takes ~3 hours of action time to improve 100 cedar arrows to 70ql. however, when i instead bsb the arrows after the wood imp and pull them out, needing the wood imp again, 100 arrows to 70ql takes me 1h23m of action timer using a 100ql 98woa log. Considering the amount of effort it takes to get the rest of those tools to that level, it's absurd that bsbing them and using the log for the imp is over 2x faster, and seeing that there's a couple of 2x modifiers for arrow imping in the code, i can only assume that one of those modifiers is only being used when logs are being used to imp(note: i hate reading code with no comments and only did a quick glance over, not sure if thats the problem), and should be used when any tools is being used.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

I am not sure when this change happened but it is very disappointing. It used to be fastest to BSB them which created a random imp tool then you would just sort and carve. Any that weren't carving knife you would put in the BSB and back out. Rinse and repeat. This was great for fast fletching and for body stats. Using a log won't give nearly the amount of stats.

Bump still still broken.

u1Ej612.png  5C8muOI.png

Edited by Rockmodd