Sign in to follow this  
user

vehicles causing bad lag

I'm not sure if its just an issue on Chaos at our deed but if anyone in local rides a wagon or a cart it causes everyone in local to lag really bad. Only has been tested underground in a cave. I think it may have an issue with the hitched animals on different levels. The front hitched animals on wagon flicker. When I disembark from the wagon everyone stops lagging instantly.

• Cat 1

It’s horrible 

everyone In 2 locals knows when someone’s on a wagon because your RAM SPIKES to 4 gigs lol 

Repro steps:
Get a wagon and put 4 critters on it

Walk wagon into a mine with a minedoor, the bigger the better and easier to test

Walk the wagon to the mine entrance but not outside the mine and then turn the wagon around and walk it to the back of the cave, this should bug your critters.

Observe that your critters are now no longer on your wagon, but above the mine. Watch RAM usage, it will go up the more you walk the wagon around.

Computers with low amounts of memory (4-8 gigs) will notice little lag; however,  machines with large amounts of memory (in our case, we have 16 or 32 gigs) will begin to stutter very hard while someone is walking the wagon around.

• Like 1

At first, we attributed the lag to the 13 day uptime on Chaos.  But, after playing the next day.... only a few hours after the server restart, the "lag" associated with these wagons persisted.